The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Instructions Needed for "Disk Escape" Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

peterkendall
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of peterkendall
I dusted off my boxes of effects/tricks I've had since the 1960s, because my daughter asked me to perform a few tricks at her wedding's rehearsal dinner on New Year's Eve. I am astonished at how many tricks I forgot I owned - and how many I never even opened up and tried!

I don't know where else to turn (i.e. which forum, if any, on the Magic Café) but I came across a nice brass effect consisting of five colored brass discs with a hole in their centers, a two-piece cylindrical brass container for the discs, and a "needle and thread" - all in their original box. I saved all my instructions lo these many decades, but I'll be darned if I can find the explanation to this effect.

So - if anyone could email me the directions, I'd sure appreciate it. I took a picture of the components and the box a minute ago, so perhaps you'll recognize the trick. My email is peterkendall@comcast.net. Thank you, Peter Kendall

Click here to view attached image.
Peter Kendall
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Check your email!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I like the effect, I wished someone made that gimmick with real coins

you could do that effect with a 'Hung Drawn Quartered" (if you wanted to purchase it), I think the demo for HDQ looks better than that for DE.

but send me a PM if Dan's message was not sufficient.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
peterkendall
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of peterkendall
Thank you Dan Ford! I got the instructions just now.
Peter Kendall
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
You are welcome!
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
I also have one of those sets, without instructions, also. I purchased a large lot of magic, and this was in there. I remember what the effect is, but for the life of me can’t remember how it works.

I like how heavy it is, and the brass lead on the string makes it easy to thread, but does that help me? No. 🤦‍♂️

If someone would forward instructions to me, I sure would appreciate it.

Email: donbursell@gmail.com
Don
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Dang, I think I have that trick somewhere? Now I'm gonna have to look...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
It is a very good trick for closeup and no reset is needed.
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
I'm another one who needs instructions.

A friend moved away, gave me a few things, Disk Escape being one of the items given to me without instructions. Could someone please send instructions my way. This would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Rudy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Instructions Needed for "Disk Escape" Please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL