The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Close up pad/mat comparison advice? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Steven, look at www.pattsmatts.com there is a short video on the home page that explains folding mats and another video that explains the performing materials. On the website there are two smaller folding mats. The pocketbook mat and The Born Book mat. For something larger you can select any mat and select the folding mat option to create the bi folding and tri folding options. Either way the folded mat is half the size of the open mat. We also are introducing a new Sam Allen hard back mat and carry case. You will need to use info@pattsmatts.com for details. Hope this helps.
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Perfect.

Thanks

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I have 3 Trevor Duffy Closeup pads (14x18).

Best closeup pads I have ever used. If they wrinkle or get soiled, wash 'em, let them dry, and they are good as new. HIGHLY recommended!
Doc Willie
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Doc Willie
Another choice: A microfiber dish drying mat. Only $1 at a dollar store, 2 or 3 at a large discount store (these tend to be larger and nicer colors or patterns). Advantage: can fold or roll up very tight. Disadvantage: may not be the texture or firmness you prefer. If you have a mat, you could carry one as a backup or impromptu mat.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On May 7, 2021, Rainboguy wrote:
I have 3 Trevor Duffy Closeup pads (14x18).

Best closeup pads I have ever used. If they wrinkle or get soiled, wash 'em, let them dry, and they are good as new. HIGHLY recommended!

If you can find them in stock ;-)
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On May 8, 2021, Doc Willie wrote:
Another choice: A microfiber dish drying mat. Only $1 at a dollar store, 2 or 3 at a large discount store (these tend to be larger and nicer colors or patterns). Advantage: can fold or roll up very tight. Disadvantage: may not be the texture or firmness you prefer. If you have a mat, you could carry one as a backup or impromptu mat.

Funny thing! I saw this and went to look at my drying mats. Unfortunately they are not a color I would want in a mat but interesting idea.

Another surface type that hasn't been mentioned unless it went over my head is card/poker table surface or Black Jack/Craps mat. I personally don't like this type of surface and I don't like it when magic dealer's close-up pad adds don't mention it when the particular pad has such surface.

I have a folding version made by Pattrick and it has been my favorite. Thank You, Pattrick!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Any suggestion as to which of Patrick's mats would be best for the 3 shell game? My current mat is one of the 'standard' mats available from Murphy's, and doesn't have enough 'give'. A vague request, I know, but any input would be appreciated.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Any suggestion as to which of Patrick's mats would be best for the 3 shell game? My current mat is one of the 'standard' mats available from Murphy's, and doesn't have enough 'give'. A vague request, I know, but any input would be appreciated.

Contact Pat. He is a true gentleman and is an honest businessman.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks, Wravyn, will do.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Just spoke with Patt. What a nice guy! Ordered a tri-fold black plush mat. Thanks again, Wravyn.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Received my mat yesterday. Trifold plush, original material. A thing of absolute beauty, and a pleasure to do business with Patt. My shells love this mat! Smile Thanks again, Wravyn for suggesting that I call Patt.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Most welcome. Smile
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
I'm looking for a good close up pad that I could use specifically for "The Moon" and general cars coin work.
Griffin Barry
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Griffin Barry
Close-Up Pads

Throughout the past two years people have been messaging me about Close-Up pads, I studied with Dean Dill for 8 years until his passing. Before he passed away he taught me and my Father how to make them. I am happy to announce they are now available!!!! They also are more affordable for the quality and durability. I had 25 Pads and brought them to magic live 2018 and they sold out instantly. Since then many people have been asking about them. We also have some new unique patterns that are available. Shoot me a message and I can send pictures! If anyone is interested feel free to shoot me a text (661)309-8719 or email @mbarry@socal.rr.com
You can also reach me through Facebook : Griffin Barry

Check out this link to see PICTURES!!!

https://www.instagram.com/thecardician/?hl=en
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Yea if you get the Trevor Duffy don’t try and peel the sticker off the back. Half the backing with peel right off. Really disappointed. There should be a warning not to peel it

So ****ed off
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of GJo
Hi all. I'm looking for a cushy,soft mat with "give" to use for a matrix coin effect that implements the purse palm.

I'm finding the mats I have are a little too dense. Also, the top material should be quiet...like pool table felt or similar. The top material on the mats I've acquired is a bit noisy.

Thanks in advance.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2022, GJo wrote:
Hi all. I'm looking for a cushy,soft mat with "give" to use for a matrix coin effect that implements the purse palm.

I'm finding the mats I have are a little too dense. Also, the top material should be quiet...like pool table felt or similar. The top material on the mats I've acquired is a bit noisy.

Thanks in advance.

Read the comments. The very first post will answer all your questions and give you many different choices.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Close up pad/mat comparison advice? (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL