The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shinanocraft (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Shikanominarazu
Anyone have any experience with Shinano Craft coin gimmicks? I'm considering one of their sets and was wondering about the quality, customer service etc.
Thanks,
D
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Do you mean Schoolcraft? If so, go with him for the best available commercially
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
He was talking Shinano. Looks like they are made in Japan, could be a long time getting here, along with shipping.
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Yeah, Tom, I am thinking of the Japanese company. I didn't link because the shop front is in Japanese, but if anyone is interested: http://shinanocraft.com/index.html
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
I can say conversion to usd the price seems too steep for this guy to experiment ha.
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 18, 2021, Jxb1989 wrote:
I can say conversion to usd the price seems too steep for this guy to experiment ha.

Yeah, it's not cheap, but then it's not too bad for that sort of gaff.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
High prices and unknown quality. I'd pass. What gaff are you looking at?
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

CSB.
I may be missing something, but are the prices actually all that high? It looks like if you want a CSB that isn't Kennedy half/ Centavo/ "Chinese" you are going to pay $250 and up, and this guy is asking about $280. Am I missing better deals? Or is it more of a "don't pay for custom work without knowing quality first" thing?
davfreeman
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of davfreeman
If you do purchase from them, let us know how it turns out. Their Morgan set looks interesting.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Shikanominarazu wrote:
CSB.
I may be missing something, but are the prices actually all that high? It looks like if you want a CSB that isn't Kennedy half/ Centavo/ "Chinese" you are going to pay $250 and up, and this guy is asking about $280. Am I missing better deals? Or is it more of a "don't pay for custom work without knowing quality first" thing?

Check this out

https://tomladshawmagic.com/coin-tricks/......imit=100

Doug
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Not a fan at all of the replicas.. Check some of the others Kueppers, Mark Mason, Schoolcraft and look at their prices. $280 is a little steep. Not sure if you're looking at Morgan's which would probably be more in line pricewise. Still knowing nothing of the quality and being shipped from Japan, for me, hard pass.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Tom G wrote:
Not a fan at all of the replicas..

I do understand. For $50 you do get the replica coin included. So don't use it. Find a real Morgan and use that. The gaff is in play for only a few seconds. Easily switched out and in. Why pay $200+? I don't get it...

Doug
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2021, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Tom G wrote:
Not a fan at all of the replicas..

I do understand. For $50 you do get the replica coin included. So don't use it. Find a real Morgan and use that. The gaff is in play for only a few seconds. Easily switched out and in. Why pay $200+? I don't get it...

Doug

Because the gaff truly feels different than silver/don’t match truly to the coins I use. Silver in general is heavier and emits a sense of “class/elegance”...while I believe ignorance can be bliss when it comes to magic products (3cmx vs triple threat for me as an example), once you go silver..:it’s painful to go anyway else (for me at least)
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
True. The spec never handles the coin, and it's Shuttle Passed to the real Morgan anyway. I just bought this on eBay for $40.

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/tk......225.webp

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shinanocraft (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL