The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Deans Box Refills? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Does anyone know where you can purchase replacement curtains, ropes, rings for the Deans Box? I know Hocus Pocus use to carry then; however, I don't see them on their site anymore.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Mike <mbarry@socal.rr.com> he should help you
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Well, the person 'linked' for replacement curtains did not respond to my email, so I went ahead and used the spandex fabric I had purchased on Amazon. Since I had somewhat compromised the wooden slats that hold the curtains in place, when removing them, I substituted over sized tongue depressors which I cut to size and painted black. Rather than using the original 'pins' to secure the slats to the box, I used small pan head wooden screws, which will make any future curtain replacement much easier. Hope this helps anyone who may decide to tackle this job.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Had the opportunity to speak with Norm Nielsen's widow, Lupe, who confirmed that Nielsen Magic (which owns the rights to Dean's Box) will be producing more of the boxes, along with selling replacement curtains, later this year.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Did finally receive (with his apology for the late response) an email from the gentleman who the late Pete Biro suggested as a possible source for replacement curtains. Very pleased to say that he does have the curtains. I ordered two sets, and received them two days later. They are perfect. My Dean's Box is, I believe, the first version, with red curtains (and gold dots). These curtains are black with silver dots (so I guess that makes them 2.0 curtains?).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Deans Box Refills? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL