The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Archive and Search Issues? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi,

I just resubscribed to Genii, primarily so I can search the back issues.
However, when I click on "Archive and Search" nothing happens.
I tried with 2 different browsers, and neither worked.

Is the search function working properly at this time?

Thank you very much,

Elliott
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Genii search function is working for me (with both the Firefox and Brave browsers on Mac OS.) on Wednesday morning, Nov. 4, 2020.

Perhaps there was a temporary glitch in the system? Try it again. If it is still not working for you, contact Genii here:
https://geniimagazine.com/current-genii-subscriber-help/ to report the issue.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Doesn't work for me either.

I use https://askalexander.org and http://genii.somee.com instead.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Our search function works just fine. Do you have a pop-up blocker or ad blocker on? If so, turn it off and try again.
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Back issues of both Genii & Magic does not download. I get only a blank screen, previously, there was no problem. I can access via an iPhone.
Any help or suggestions? Already toggled off the add blocker as Richard Kaufman suggested, nada.
BWind
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Okay, finally working again; I did nothing & the magic just happened. Whoever helped me fix it, thank you very much!
Aloha & Warm regards,
BWind
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Up until about a week ago, I had no trouble at all searching the GENII archives on my MacBook. But now using both Safari and Firefox, after I click the "Search" button I see those little black dots rotating forever. I've walked away from my MacBook for an hour or two and those black dots keep spinning. I have made sure there is no pop-up blocker. As I said, for the past year or two there has been no problem. The problem started very recently.

Could the fact that I am using an Apple MacBook be the problem? I prefer my MacBook for activities like desktop publishing, creating graphics, and designing multimedia /video.
I am considering getting a Chromebook just for using the Internet to surf the web. Maybe that will get me into the archives.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
We are working on fixing this issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Archive and Search Issues? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL