The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBM 2021 Annual Convention (online) (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Wow. What a wonderful start to the convention. Loved the current and former International Presidents kick-off presentations. Justin Willman killed with his Zoom show. The breakout room discussions were engaging.

There were only very minimal technical issues and none distracted from the program.

Really looking forward to the rest of the convention!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Lots of FUN and participants from all over the world. It's going to be a most enjoyable Magic Week-End!

Julie
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2021, Julie wrote:
from all over the world

Julie

Yes! It truly is remarkable how many timezones we were covering in the breakout rooms. Shawn Farquhar did a great job with the talent. Really looking forward to all the different cultural styles in the the contests and shows. And look atthe lecturers:

Henry Harrius - Hong Kong
Dani DaOrtiz - Spain
Rune Carlsen - Norway
Boris Wild - France

They really are making lemonade from the pandemic lemons by taking advantage of online's global nature.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Today was really good as well. I enjoyed the competition a lot. Some of them were more creative than others, but they were all good.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
Some of them were more creative than others, but they were all good.

Agreed. The theming and routining were strong. And we saw some new takes on classics. How often do you see a magician produce a silk fountain and a dove with their feet?!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
The topical breakout sections were a huge success. So much good information, humor and fun. I hope that themed breakouts return at the physical convention in Atlanta next year. Can't say enough about how great a job the IBM convention staff did.

kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
It was a great event and we knew the breakouts were going to be a hit. Now we just need to make those breakouts happen at the convention in person.

Thanks for supporting the I.B.M.

Ken Scott
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Thanks for all the input and I totally agree that breakout rooms and jam areas should be included in all future I.B.M. conventions. Can't wait for Atlanta!

-shawn
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2021, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Thanks for all the input and I totally agree that breakout rooms and jam areas should be included in all future I.B.M. conventions. Can't wait for Atlanta!

-shawn

The virtual jam rooms were awesome, they allow so many people to attend, which is not as feasible in an in person event. I liked that attendees were allowed to participate in many ways, by performing, teaching or just observing - all were welcome.

Peace and joy to all!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBM 2021 Annual Convention (online) (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL