The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ending your kid show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Rac
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Rac
I like to close my show with a WOW moment and a smile using a Walsh (metal) vanishing cane with a 36 inch Tannen The End silk. I make some closing comments while getting ready for the vanish, then rap the cane a few times on a table top. This serves to 1) get attention, just in case, and 2) to prove that the cane is solid (very important). When the cane disappears I usually get audible gasps, followed by smiles when the "back of the bunny" silk is displayed. I time things to be saying "This Is The End" as I hold up the silk for the benefit of the little ones that can't read.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I have a completely original comedy routine that uses a square circle that I've been doing for at least 10 years. It kills every time, it has a lot of energy, gets a lot of laughs and has a surprise ending, and is really easy aside from the performance skill. Takes 5-7 minutes and has a volunteer up for a really funny photo op also. I've been thinking of marketing the routine ( with or without the props) but I'm not sure how to do that without people just copying it without paying, but maybe. It doesn't pack small, but for my closer I feel it's worth it.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
You don't want to share ? Of course at 83 with more than 70 years in the field. I don't do much now - but enjoy sharing.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
No, I share some ideas, but not giving this away!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
When I am using Chair Suspension, I close with that. If I am not using it, I close with Miser's Dream. Similar to Chris Capehart's routine.
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Hey Friends,

My mind is completely blanking me right now. Can you help identify the maker/name of this effect? I want look more into this and compare it to a Chair Suspension as a possible finale to my kids show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw_nCTD2wPA&t=2s

Thank you!
kazpet
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of kazpet
This looks very similar to upupandaway by John Pizzi except the table design look different
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, kazpet wrote:
This looks very similar to upupandaway by John Pizzi except the table design look different

Thank you. Yeah that is what I thought but could not find one with that table design.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, Luke Master wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, kazpet wrote:

Thank you. Yeah that is what I thought but could not find one with that table design.

Looks like a spontus-style levitation. Maybe a Rhino Flight.
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, FrankFindley wrote:
Looks like a spontus-style levitation. Maybe a Rhino Flight.

Thank you Frank. I appreciate the information very much!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ending your kid show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL