The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Tricks with live butterflies (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kyuu
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kyuu
Hello dear fellow magicians.
I have a hard task of making a magic routine with butterflies. I couldn't seem to find any solid material on handling of live butterflies, tricks with them or any sort of gimmicks like "dove bag" for the bugs. It ould be most appreciated if any of you would link me to any of the resources that could be useful in my developement.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Try "Google"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Many cities have indoor flower gardens, and yearly have a butterfly display. Good place to get some information. Also learn all you can at the local library about butterflies.

No there is no such thing as a clip or holder for butterflies. I believe there was one magician from many years ago, included butterflies in his show. I believe it was a oriental magician. I am referring to Vaudeville days, 1920's.

As far as handling and hiding, you would have to design and make them all yourself.
BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
54 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
Andrew Goldenshersh is the master of butterfly magic in my opinion. Maybe contact him for some guidance? I know he was cultivating his own butterflies years ago when he did magic using them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Tricks with live butterflies (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL