The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! » » Trap door card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
159 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
Hi All

Iam looking for more info on Robert Neale Trap door card(playig card with a flap in the middle)
Where did it appear in print?

Thanks
Kristian
Denmark
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
It's in Nicholas Einhorn's latest book.
It's called "magical illusions" and can be found on his website or on amazon.

alternatively try and see him lecture-he teaches the trick in there.
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
It's explained in Lifesavers, by Michael Weber and taught in Celebration of Sides (the video). David Britland's version 'Paralax card' is in Magic Menu First Five Years, and Terri Rogers stuck two back to back to make Stargate.

More recently, the Wonderland Bill takes the principle and applies it to a dollar bill.

Take care, Ian
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
You are missing the big one:

THE TRAP DOOR CARD manuscript, with material by Bob Ostin (the submarine card) Bob Neale and Karl Fulves.

Published by Karl Fulves and pretty hard to find.
Belleque
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Belleque
Here is an example of the bill trap door.
http://professorwonder.com/magic24.htm
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Just want to add my comments about the fabulous Wonderland Dollar. I have been performing this in walkaround ever since it was first released by Nick Brown and having been getting amazing reactions with it. Although not a 'trick' as such, the audience get the strong impression that they have seen something utterly impossible.

The other great things about this is that it is very visual and can be peformed right at fingertips and competely surrounded. Also, and I find this is a real bonus, because it really doesn't involve and 'work' on the part of the magician - it can act as a much needed breather in amongst your heavier sleight of hand material.

Things this good don't come along very often, and anyone who performs in a walkaround / strolling environment should search this out without delay.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
There is a great YouTube video of the trapdoor card. I can't seem to get the URL just right for this video, but Google "Trapdoor card Neale" and you should find it. I have tried Einhorn's way and it works, but the guy on YouTube shows an easier way to do it, and has a clever presentation.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
There is an ebook by R. Shane called "Impossible Matters." It is available from Lybrary.com. It has a routine with the trapdoor card and a lot of interesting reflections on it. It's an inexpensive book and worth looking at.
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
I bough the ebook from R.Shane, and really enjoyed it! There are 2 routines, the second one involves the trapdoor effect. In the first one, I discovered the "hypercard", and just for that, I was already very happy with my purchase!

best,

merlin
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
You can also find it on page 112 of Self-Working Paper Magic: 81 Foolproof Tricks by Karl Fulves.
epsilon38
View Profile
New user
France
6 Posts

Profile of epsilon38
Could anyone give the publication date of the first description of this effect ?
fowill
View Profile
New user
Chile
30 Posts

Profile of fowill
Update: There's a great book now called "Machinations" by Ben Harris Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! » » Trap door card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL