The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » AZ chapter (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Can someone tell me of the location of the AZ chapter and who is the best contact for it.
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Entirely independently of seeing this message, I very reluctantly called IBM home office to alert them that the assembly listing does not appear to be current.

I have emailed at least three known contacts (including the emails listed on the assembly's Facebook page and .org web site). No response from two of those emails, and a third email was returned undeliverable.

I realize magic, by its nature, involves some level of secrecy. But someone either needs to speak up and let people know what's going on or resign from whatever it is you're doing (or not doing.) Please show some leadership and kindly communicate what's going on.

Thanks.
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Yea. I did. I am thinking about starting one near surprise az
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
My understanding is that both groups' chapters are still in existence, just adapting to current circumstances. If my frustration caused offense to anyone, I meant no disrespect.
Threecard
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Arizona
141 Posts

Profile of Threecard
Best contact is Robert Ray at robertraymagic@yahoo.com (I just texted him and he's good with me giving you his e-mail).
Meetings have been online each month, but we did just have a live meeting to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Ring 55's charter hosted by our own Brad Zinn and Michael Finney. There is also a weekly online meeting on Thursday afternoons.
We have had some officers of the Ring move or step aside for various reasons, but Robert can give you more details on the local clubs.
Curt
PS: If one of the addresses that came back undeliverable was mine it's because we switched internet providers and my Cox e-mail is dead. PM me and I can give you my new e-mail address if you are interested.
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Veteran user
Scottsdale, AZ
331 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Sorry, it's almost freaking IMPOSSIBLE to find info online about the club right now, but we're trying to fix that.

The next IBM Ring 55 meeting (Phoenix Metro Area) is Wednesday, October 19, 2022 in Tempe at 48th and University:

Denny's
825 S 48th St
Tempe, AZ 85281

That meeting will be the annual auction and swap meet -- EVERYBODY (magic-oriented, of course) in the valley is invited, although you must be a Ring 55 member to put something in the auction or have a table to sell your stuff. (Ring 55 members, call or text the president at 480-341-3590 or email him at Robertraymagic@yahoo.com if you need a table.)

And it's at Denny's so you can eat pancakes AND buy some new (to you) magic stuff!!!

Jay (IBM 55 and SAM 248 Secretary)

PS - IBM 55 meetings are 3rd Wednesday of the month at that location until further notice -- SAM 248 are at that location 2nd Tuesdays of the month. Not very close for those of us living in one of the upper corners of the valley, but it's only once a month! And did I mention you can also east pancakes?!)
Mystery arts articles and thoughts: https://ExclusiveMagic.com
Free video crash course for numerology readings: https://LoShuNumerology.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Jay, how was the turn-out etc. for your auction/swap meet on October 19th?
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Veteran user
Scottsdale, AZ
331 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2022, Julie wrote:
Jay, how was the turn-out etc. for your auction/swap meet on October 19th?

Sorry, I thought I'd get notified of replies here after I subscribed, but maybe that's not how it works...

I was in the Phoenix area less than a year before the pandemic hit, so I don't have past swap meets to compare, but it seemed pretty good to me. I know that's not an actual number Smile , but we opened it to both the IBM and SAM clubs and there were different people coming and going throughout the thing. It wasn't ever packed, but there was a good selection of new and used props and books (eight big tables full) and people seemed to be having a good time.

Jay
Mystery arts articles and thoughts: https://ExclusiveMagic.com
Free video crash course for numerology readings: https://LoShuNumerology.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » AZ chapter (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL