The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » PK ring use (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xandermagic
View Profile
New user
Denmark
28 Posts

Profile of xandermagic
Hi

What tricks are possible with a PK ring?

I would like to wear one but the only posible thing I can think about is maybe spinnig fork
on a bottle?

Best regards
Xander
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Chop cup with any cup. It is a hold out for any object with the right properties (easiest fingerp*lm ever).

But only buy one if you have a use in mind. I never got one because I don’t have a use for it.

Patrick
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
If you use the advanced search engine above and enter "pk ring" and "complete phrase" as options,
you will find more than 2700 posts with ideas for its use/application.

Certainly check out Kurotsuke variations as well as "Chop Cup" as Patrick suggested.

Regardless, my hint is that if you wear a ring for one effect you must wear it for all, PK or not.
It must be natural to you and your movements.
Otherwise it is a "tip off" and draws attention rather than supporting a sleight that should go unnoticed.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
xandermagic
View Profile
New user
Denmark
28 Posts

Profile of xandermagic
Thanks for your time and answers ????
xandermagic
View Profile
New user
Denmark
28 Posts

Profile of xandermagic
Forgetthe question marks are a mistake ????
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
Prohibition by Charlie Justice
dmcknight
View Profile
New user
who finally has
64 Posts

Profile of dmcknight
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2022, Mr. Woolery wrote:
....But only buy one if you have a use in mind. I never got one because I don’t have a use for it.

Patrick

This is a valuable lesson right here, no matter the prop / purchase...
"Success" is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I cannot think of the name of it... But there was a trick by Richard Sanders I want to say.. Where a borrowed spectators bill appears inside a blister pack of gum.. I used to do this years ago (and really need to do it again) The bill visably appears in the gum under the foil. Awesome effect using the PK ring.

There are some great effects using it.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Solux
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Solux
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2023, Koolmagic114 wrote:
I cannot think of the name of it...

Ultra Gum?
https://sandersfx.com/products/ultra-gum

I don't know the trick but in the demo he wears a ring...
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
You can use it as a holdout for coins that have a certain property, it is basically a utility prop not an end in itself.
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2022, funsway wrote:
If you use the advanced search engine above and enter "pk ring" and "complete phrase" as options,
you will find more than 2700 posts with ideas for its use/application.

Certainly check out Kurotsuke variations as well as "Chop Cup" as Patrick suggested.

Regardless, my hint is that if you wear a ring for one effect you must wear it for all, PK or not.
It must be natural to you and your movements.
Otherwise it is a "tip off" and draws attention rather than supporting a sleight that should go unnoticed.

Any advice from funsway (as above) is usually pure gold. To his thoughts I would only suggest to check out Charles Gauci's 'Body Language,' which was a "magic gateway" for me personally into a whole universe of possible uses for what I'll subtly refer to here as the "PK principle." In my not-so-humble opinion, many dollars could be saved by magicians with the thoughtful application of a PK ring or similar device in place of much more expensive electronic methods.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2023, Koolmagic114 wrote:
I cannot think of the name of it... But there was a trick by Richard Sanders I want to say.. Where a borrowed spectators bill appears inside a blister pack of gum.. I used to do this years ago (and really need to do it again) The bill visably appears in the gum under the foil. Awesome effect using the PK ring.

There are some great effects using it.

That is "Ultra Gum" which I have, although the whole bill does not appear inside as it is too big, just a corner or corner of a card.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
It is s utility prop. It doesn’t do any magic. I use mine for 2 effects, The psychic nut off bolt, and to catch the tip of my ink pen after performing the pen through dollar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » PK ring use (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL