The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for some information: fake mediums and seance magicians (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MM2714330
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
I bought this book from Mark at a lecture. Fascinating! https://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Blues-Con......6&sr=8-1
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Mel Gordon's "Erik Jan Hanussen: Hitler's Jewish Clairvoyant."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
317 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
"Fake Mediums" Oxymoron of all times; or perhaps simply redundant terms. Maybe just research mediums?
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2023, saturnkk wrote:
"Fake Mediums" Oxymoron of all times; or perhaps simply redundant terms. Maybe just research mediums?

There is a distinction between the two. Most modern mediums I know believe in what they do even if I don't. They aren't doing it for the money, few cover expenses.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Yes, there's a distinct difference between shut-eyes, open-eyes, and wink-eyes.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Ibmerlin
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ibmerlin
There is a good book " The Witch of Lime Street: Séance, Seduction, and Houdini in the Spirit World " Its about a prize offered in the 1920s to prove spirits existed. Another good book you can get for free is on Google is "Behind the scenes with Mediums" writen by David P Abbott in 1907. It pulls back the curtains about tricks Mediums used to "speak" with the spirits. Or you can do research on Arthur Conan Doyle Masked Medium. The Author of Sherlock Holmes was tricked by a ladies magician who later became know as the Masked Medium. Hope this helps
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for some information: fake mediums and seance magicians (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL