The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Russian Roulette With "Acid" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karld
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of karld
I want to find a magic trick from a German magician whose name I forgot (of the magician and the trick).

It's a kind of "Russian roulette" with, allegedly, acid.

The magician pours acid into a glass. He throws a small ball of aluminum foil into it.

There is a reaction. If I remember correctly, we see the ball of aluminum foil being attacked by the acid.

Then the magician puts 2 glasses on a turntable. He fills one with water and the other with acid.

He puts a blindfold on his eyes and spins the board without seeing it. Then, he chooses one of the 2 glasses and drinks it all at once.

He takes off his scarf and puts a ball of aluminum foil in the other glass. And this dumpling is again attacked by the acid.

I no longer have the references for this magic trick.

I guess there's only water in the two bottles.

And that there's something in the aluminum foil pellet that's causing the chemical reaction.

Does anyone know this trick?
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Al Mann (American magician) published this routine concept in a manuscript in the late 1970's... the active ingredient I the aluminum was an alka-seltzer tablet as I recall...
visit me @ JNealShow.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think I may have this manuscript in the piles someplace. Not something I would perform today.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I used this on a television series I did in the UAE for Ahmed El Bayed. He did a lot of “Danger” effects and loved the idea of this. We were shooting on location in another celebrity’s home. The pre sell is what made it get the reaction and the home audience saw none of that! Between tricks, I came in with long chemical resistant gloves, an apron, face shield and gas mask to place the acid vial on the set. I had to warn the others on the crew and in the room that if anything went wrong and the “acid” spilled, we had large fans at doors on either side of the room to evacuate the fumes due to it’s toxicity and they were all to leave via the downwind exit. Of course, all of the warnings and precautions was just to hype up the effect to the few celebrities watching. After the effect, I suited up again to dispose of everything before they were allowed to resume. They all bought it as we could tell during their off camera moments. Lol… Ultimately, all is acting!
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Russian Roulette With "Acid" (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL