The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Ball Types (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
What is the difference between Regular and Super Soft sponge balls?

Which do you suggest/use and why?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Super soft are naturally softer than the regular. They squish down smaller than the regulars, and just don't feel as stiff. I'd say Super soft is probably the way to go if you want to have a 10-ball climax or something. Regular may last a little longer... I use Super Soft myself.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
I got SuperSoft sponge balls when I got my first ones, and I like them.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
I used regular for many years and only recently switched to super soft. I find the super soft even easier to use. Nice products!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Regular sponge balls are much more resisient. They will pop back into shape with more force. They are not as firm as nerfs. The main problem with using regular sponge balls is that they tend to leap out when the spectator opens their hand. They frequently go on the floor, and if in restaurants, into drinks, salad dressing, etc. Supersoft are also my preference for that reason alone in routines that use spectators' hands in closeup work. For stage, I tend to prefer regular, but I use 3" sponges and a 6" sponge climax. It's very funny when a little kid lets them fly.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
I've seen Sponge Balls go flying like that, and never could make mine do that.

Thanks Michael. Helpful as always!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Ball Types (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL