The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Match box effects - people's thoughts on 'Matchbox Mambo'. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bigdunk007
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of bigdunk007
What are the best matchbox fx around at the mo. Notably matchbox mambo...is it worth it, does it look good?
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I like tooth pick through match box.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Matchbox Mambo is a decent trick--especially for the low asking price. Michael Rubinstein has a nice matchbox effect in the book "Spectacle," published by L&L Publishing.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5734 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
There are a number of versions of the Card in Matchbox which are good. I use a Ribbon thru Steel Plate which uses a matchbox; I never cared for the brass block. I like Matchbox Mambo -- it's examinable and the effect is very similar to Matchless Matches.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
There are a number of versions of the Card in Matchbox which are good. I use a Ribbon thru Steel Plate which uses a matchbox; I never cared for the brass block. I like Matchbox Mambo -- it's examinable and the effect is very similar to Matchless Matches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Munro

why don't you like the brass block?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Along the Matchbox lines, has anyone purchased the Kennedy "jumping match" box,
or the generic that doesn't jump? Are these just another IT miracle?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
784 Posts

Profile of DaveM
I like it....just got back from Spain performing it in the bars(where EVERYONE smokes). I like the fact that you can simply borrow two matchboxes.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5734 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2002-09-17 13:01, flourish dude wrote:

why don't you like the brass block?

I've seen it and I can't justify the price difference between that and the one with the plate. I've been able to tell, upon examination, that there's something funny about the block. If I can't eliminate the suspicion, then I have to use the plate, instead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Match box effects - people's thoughts on 'Matchbox Mambo'. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL