The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Steve (Mr.Escape) Baker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
From 1967 till the early 1990's Steve "Mr.Escape" Baker was the premier escape artist in the world. He travelled the globe astounding audiences with his amazing and often dangerous feats of escape.

During his career Steve appeared on TV many many times. He chalked up 32 hours worth of television footage, including appearances on Dick Clark's LIVE Wedneday, That's Incredible, Games People Play, his own HBO Special hosted by Tony Curtis and his own hour long specials in Japan, South America and Mexico. Steve retired in the 90's from performing after a long and fabulous career.

Now in the 21st Century Steve Baker returns!

I recieved a lot of PM's about Steve and his return to the scene from one of my postings about him. It looks like his scheduled lecture date at Cannons great escapes convention in Oct. has caused a flurry of talk. Steve says, he'll lecture and has a few "suprises"...sould be good if Mr.Escape is doing it.

~Rick~
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Me Rick!!!! you forgot the important part.
He also visited Australia.I saw him live on national TV. Shame we didn't know each other then or Steve Baker might have waved at the camera just for me.

I had been interested in escapes back then for about 18 months and having Mr Escape and the Water torture cell made me more interested in the art of escape.

Thank you Steve!

Ian
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Oh Hell yeah!! A BIG Return!!!

Are we able to get him in the Wear Challenge, Rick?

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
I think Mr.Escape just may be interested in WEAR. Keep in mind, Steve is developing new magic props, escape props and has to deal with a performance schedule. WEAR is sometime away...but I think he just may be interested, Steve's da man ! I, by the way can do my bit here...

~Rick~
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Woohoo!!! You should also join Rick. Everyone here should. We should make it bigger than the Fireblowers thing in the Guiness book.
Wolflock
South Africa
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Hi ya, Ian...knowing Mr.Escape, he probably would have...he's a good guy.

~Rick~
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Guys. I just read this on Thomas Solomon's Site. I don't recall this to be true. What are your views.

"Is the only escape artist to escape the difficult 19th century "Bean Giant" handcuffs in full view of the audience. (It took Houdini an hour in his curtained cabinet to escape, unseen by the audience."
Wolflock
South Africa
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Wolflock, I don't know about the time limit for Houdini escaping from the Bean Giant. however I do know that Thomas has escaped from two Bean Giant handcuffs fastened keyhole to keyhole and broke a finger while doing so.

Ian
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
But is he the only one to escape from these in full view?
Wolflock
South Africa
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Gee, with a modified version of my secret weapon he could have escaped the two beans in full view, probably in less time and saved the finger! Hey, toss the Beans over here- I'll do them for you- yes, in full view too! (This isn't a shameless ad- just shamless gloating over an invention I'm very proud of. Smile )

Hehehe

Clyde
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Cheers Clyde...I love that kind of spirit and attitude in an EA !

~Rick~
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I figured as much. Go Get him Clyde. Attack!!! Hee hee.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I do have Clyde's secret weapon got it off E-bay and I'll tell you what it is it's ingenius Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Steve (Mr.Escape) Baker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL