The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Name of a spin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Do you guys know if this method of spinning a card has a name? you hold the deck in the rh, thumb on near short end at the right corner, and index and middle finger on far short end at the right corner. Then, holding the deck by just the thumb and middle finger, you draw the far right corner of the top card back with the index finger, buckling the middle of the card away from the deck. Release the index finger, and the card goes spinning on its merry way.

My friend taught it to me, and I use it for impromtu 'card jumping from the deck' effects. It's also very controllable, so I can have my left hand in place right where the card will land. But I don't recall ever seeing it in any of my books...any ideas?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2115 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I forget who invented this move, but it is taught a few places. Bill Malone covers it in Volume 1 of On the Loose, and it is taught in Cards as Weapons by Ricky Jay. In the book, he calls it the Martin Lewis Method. Hope this helps.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Yeah, it's been called the Martin Lewis spinner. Josh Jay also has a similar method, though I doubt he invented it.
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Thanks for the info, guys.

Would love to have my hands on Cards as Weapons, but don't have an extra few hundred bucks handy =)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Name of a spin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL