The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Noisey ITR (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

samthemagical
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
90 Posts

Profile of samthemagical
Hi. My ITR is incredibly NOISEY. Is their anything i could be doing to make it quiet? Every time I use it close up, People ask me about the wurring noise. I have to make excuses like 'its the gravitons recoiling from the electromagnetic forces' PLEASE HELP!
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
Is it an electric ITR or a mecanic ITR ?

If it's an electric ITR (like Stealth Retractor), you can put one little drop of special oil for engine (I 'm not sure of the exact term, I think it must be "penetrating oil") at the basic of the axe ot the motor.
Moreover, you can wrapp a piece of cloth on your ITR to quiet this noise.
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
samthemagical
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
90 Posts

Profile of samthemagical
It's a mechanical one. I've never ever HEARD of an electric one, and I probably could'nt afford one. I think that the reel itself (inside the whole ITR) is unbalaced and is rubbing the shell when it retracts.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Try a spritz of silicone spray. It shouldn't degrade the reel, like mineral oil would, and it will probably cut the noise, at least a little.
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
I can't say better than Alan,

But to complete on Electric ITR you can take a look at the Stealth Retractor of John Kennedy magic.
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
Your rubber band might be loose and ayou might need a replacement or tighten it. They seem to be very hard to work on... Fat finger disorder.
-Casey
samthemagical
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
90 Posts

Profile of samthemagical
Thanks very much. Also, does anyone know if serger thread can be rolled onto an old, empty reel and used?
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
Does anyone know how to dissolve Magicans Wax on the thread? Mine got stuck on it and it cant come off, when I pull the thread, it snapps.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
-Casey
samthemagical
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
90 Posts

Profile of samthemagical
Are you using kevlar or nylon? With the kevlar, if you heat it up (not too hot!) and run it in and out, more and more each time, I think it'll free itself up. Also, if you've got the kind that splits in half, you can open it up and unreel it without the pressure once or twice.
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
Try using baby oil gel, not too much, or it will swell the elastic, but a little bit on the end of a toothpick put on the edge should help. Or try mechanical grease.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Noisey ITR (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL