The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin in Hand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I have an idea brewing inside me. After your usual hand to hand routine, you do a coin thru hand routine. The last one you stop halfway. The people watching can actually see the tail side of the coin under the skin! Then it pops out. I have an idea for a method, but would like some other input. My method is just like Sankeys idea for the coin into straw. Except my coin would have to be painted flesh tone.

Chad
spherie
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of spherie
Sounds great! I guess the most difficult part is to show the coin "in" your hand. I don't know Sankey's method, but if you form an 'o' with thumb and index finger and show your (flesh) coin between them, it would quite "realistic", though not naturally. Painting your coin will be another matter (don't take any sunbaths afterwards...).

Bye,

Spherie
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Do you think the coin would be best shown on the backside of the hand, or the palm side?

Chad
spherie
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of spherie
A difficult matter... I think that showing it on the back of the hand - as if it penetrated up to there - is completely fooling, since the spectator has no clue how you might have placed it here. On the other hand, if you let it pass from the palm "through" the hand, one would immediately think of using any "finger twisting" moves to get it to the back of the hand. After all, penetrations of this kind are usually from back to palm, so a variation would be great! Smile

Regards,

Spherie
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
I think trying to get the paint to match your skin tone is going to be well nigh impossible. That's speaking from experience, It's just a very difficult colour to match. Another idea might be a semi transparent laytex stretched over the coin, that might give better results. An idea I had was to somehow have half a coin sticking out of your hand perpendicularly.

And another idea I had is to cut an off centre hole in the coin that your finger would fit into. It would look like the coin has sliced right into your finger, there could be some kind of blood attached to the edge of the hole in the coin for added effect. It would be a little like the karate coin from the side on. And you could move the coin back and forth around your finger in a slicing motion. It's a bit like knife through arm in that respect.
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
Put it on the market --I'm your first customer.Smile
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Wow! The pressure's on...
Let me get through my video first.

Chad
COINAMGIC
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of COINAMGIC
mmm I use a visual coin through. I use a folding coin, and on the right angle it's an awesome effect.
coins n' card there all good
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4757 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have had a coin through hand where you show a half coin on top of your hand (IE. half way through) for years! But to really make it look good, you had to fit it to the person's hand. But the other side would be cool! Mine will be in my hardbound book and you can make it yourself if you like! If you come out with yours, let me know!

Best, David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
For me the problem with all the classic coin through hand routines is it's just not believable.

Anyway Chad something you might throw into your handling is to have the coin on your palm 'in' your hand and press down on it and move it back and forth so that the surrounding flesh also moves, that's not a very good description but the idea is to make it look like it's really inside the flesh.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
That was exactly what I was trying to accomplish. To show the coin under the flesh. And to move it around while it's under there. Then have it pop back out.

Chad
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
Pop it out using a musle pass I guess? That would look cool. Let me know if you find a way to colour the coin.
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
I guess the other thing to do would be to have an impression of a coin printed on latex and then fix that onto your hand so that it looks like it is under the skin. Then you could just push the latex off in a hand wiping motion leaving a coin that was previously in classic palm???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin in Hand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL