The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Da Vinci Code FANS!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Ron Howard is making a film about this book, and he was just granted permission to film inside the Louvre, and he cast Tom Hanks as the part of Robert Langdon! Should be good. Can't wait to hear more.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Prefer 007 myself.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
While I am very excited about the book being made into a movie. I don't know that hanks is well cast. I usually love his work, but this role calls for an intelectual hero not an every man. I am hopeful that Hanks will pull it off.
BTW I read the book in less than 24 hours. My wife said I "ate" it.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-01-24 17:26, Cheshire Cat wrote:
Prefer 007 myself.

I stopped watching once that "Moore" guy showed up...
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I can't wait for this one!!!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
Speaking of 007, Sophie Marceau who played the villian in The World Is Not Enough, will star as Sophie from the book.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Interesting connection...

For those of you with comcast digital cable, and a starz subscription, you'd better watch all those bond movies before the end of the month.
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Quote:
On 2005-01-25 16:50, M. Perk wrote:
Speaking of 007, Sophie Marceau who played the villian in The World Is Not Enough, will star as Sophie from the book.

According to IMDB, Audrey Tautou will play Sophie. Jean Reno will play Bezu Fache - nice bit of casting there.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I went to Paris Saturday. The permission to film was a topic of conversation amongst the locals. It's a spectacular city but I still prefer the beauty of Florence (Firenza) Italy.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
Tautou would play French cryptologist Sophie Neveu. It is her grandfather's murder in the Louvre that brings her and a Harvard professor (Hanks) together to search for his killer as they also try to unravel a secret that involves the foundation of Christianity," according to THR.

She beat out Sophie Marceau (who had erroneously been reported as cast last week) and ex-Miss France Linda Hardy. The 26-year-old Tautou's credits include A Very Long Engagement and Dirty Pretty Things.

I guess you can't trust those Blogs
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
I'm just wondering how they're going to do Brown's trademark "Cliffhanger Chapter Endings?" While the book was good, they drove me nuts!

"And then they heard the crash outside and realized that they were in trouble." (Turn page here.)
"What he saw next was beyond his imagination." (Turn page here.)
"But just then, it happened." (Turn page here.)
"And just when it appeared that things couldn't be worse, things became worse." (Turn page here.)

Properly done, these could provide us with several popcorn-refill breaks!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Lets just hope they don't ruin a great book like other producers/directors have.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Of course the book will be ruined by the movie. Atleast in my mind, the best part of that book is the history lesons which is mostly long winded conversation. this tends to make a movie boring. I hope they find a way to keep the ideas and make it fun.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I think that's awesome! I really enjoyed the book, and hopefully, as some of you had previously mentioned, it won't be 'ruined' by this film...

Can't wait!

Daniel Santos
If it is to be, it is up to me.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Many times a movie with the title of a book is not so much a book in movie form but rather a movie inspired by the book and may or may not follow the story line of the book.

Daniel Santos wrote:
"I think that's awesome! I really enjoyed the book, and hopefully, as some of you had previously mentioned, it won't be 'ruined' by this film..."

Nothing can ruin a good book or a good movie. If something is good how can something else ruin it? I don't understand.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Da Vinci Code FANS!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL