The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » What is your best joke reaction? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of Michael238
I was wondering what is your best joke reaction?
What do you get the most laughs from?
bnadworn
View Profile
Regular user
Western New York
131 Posts

Profile of bnadworn
Well... Laughter is usually a good reaction. I have had people excuse themselves to change their pants after telling jokes (very embarrassing for both me and them). Actually that only happened once and we were little. Never listen to a comedian on a full bladder I guess.
Some people just have a very hardy laugh and I try to let them enjoy it. I believe the people that really have an good honest laugh will live longer. Anything I can do to help them is therapeutic.
I try not to tell jokes while people are eating since the spray of food and drinks on me or the table might upset others who are dining. Who am I kidding? Milk out of the nose is an awesome sight.
I get the most laughs from jokes in which I change my voice into a "story telling" mode where the different characters of the joke have different voices similar to real life. Also use good facial expressions.

- Brian Nadworny
"They say the hand is quicker than the eye but I won't believe it until I see it."
Comedy and then the magic
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
65 Posts

Profile of Comedy and then the magic
I get the most laughs out of the beginning of my routine with all the fog machines, black lights and strobe lights as I am grooving my hips and dancing to "eye of the tiger" by survivor..... no joke that's actually in my show.
"Always Make It Magic Plus Laughs" - R.I.P. Mark Hendrickson
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
My favorite reaction is when joke gets a laugh and then applause. We had one that did that every time but it only worked in Alaska. Now it seems like I get that when I put a heckler in his place. Gently mind you. That is why it gets applause. I hate it when I come off harsh and get booed. It happens, not often but it happens.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
If you don't get laughter from a joke I think it's time to ditch the joke.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
My goal in life is to cause beverage to shoot out of as many peoples noses as possible.

If you can do that, you are a funny individual my friend!

Lyndel
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I did that once to a girl I know, while she was drinking a beer. She got up after that and wiped up the kitchen table. The bad part is I forgot what I said.
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
When I first started out, I didn't use comedy in my show. It was horrible. Later, I learned to break the ice with a joke or two. Once you get 'em laughing they'll stay with you until the end.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3419 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I have always gone for the "spit take"! I can usually get one in two out of three shows.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
My greatest achievement was that I once made a lady pee her pants!!! My life is complete!
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Poodle... the other white meat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » What is your best joke reaction? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL