The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Slydini (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
perlimpinpin
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of perlimpinpin
About Cavett it's surprising because on one of the two recorded shows I know of, he specifically says that his intent in having Slydini on the show is to SAVE THE IMAGES of him performing, for posterity's sake.

The Cavett recordings are really, really good.

D.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5313 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea well, that all sounds nice now doesn't it
koz
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dick Barry has a video of his version on his website, very nice performance at the Castle.
fifthace
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of fifthace
Excellent Cavette clip on YouTube
Search: Slydini
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
809 Posts

Profile of e-man
Slydini was on a Thanksgiving TV special hosted by Bill Bixby I beleive,74 or 75 he did the Paper balls routine.I saw one of his performances at Mostly Magic in the village N.Y and got to meet him.(very nice gentleman) Al Goshman was in the audience.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
This is a great thread here that has been resurrected. The 2 dvd set "As I Recall" is a tribute to Slydini and likely has the most actual performance footage from the master himself.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
In 2000, I bought a collection of out-take photos from the stars of magic book. They were sequential black and white photos of Slydini. I sold over 300 single shots which were just still shots holding props. One group was a succession of Slydini doing rings. I scanned them and put them in a flash sequence. I probably could do a better job today but if anyone wants to see them:
http://bigduck.tripod.com/slydini.html
Let me know if you are able to see them. Slow load for me on dial-up. just under 4mb.
-Magic Ian
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24069 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Are there any DVDs out showing how to do Slydini's Torn and Restored Newspaper?
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
You can find it on "The Magic Of Slydini" book.

Gene Anderson also has one of the best T&R Newspaper routines around, also recommend you to check that out.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24069 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks. I already know Anderson's, Osterlind's and Bauer's method. Someone refered Slydini techique because I'm performing "Dove from Newspaper" after it is restored.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Slydini (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL