The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Magic Circle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pure Effect 2
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, England
60 Posts

Profile of Pure Effect 2
Hi all I was wondering if you lot have a circle near you? or some kind of orginisation you attend and is it good? do you learn a lot or not. Is the circle about learning and sharing magic or is it just a place to show off the stuff you already know? I'm confused please tell me where you live and what happens at your meetings? tanx.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Can I point out an error in your thread title.
There is only one Magic Circle. that's the one in London and is one hundred years old.
Many magic groups call them selves circles but don't confuse them.

All the magic groups are different ! The only way to learn about them is to go to one of the meetings, ring them first of couse.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

This was recently brought up regarding the merits of joining a magic club. I'm always pro club but saying that, the club is only as good as the people in it. Some clubs have an open door policy whereas others it's by invitation only.

I belong to one that has a 120 members which range in the ages of 15 to our oldest member whom is 92. I love that! The majority don't seem to showoff but rather use it as an opportunity to showcase the effects they've been working on and obtain feedback from the others.

It seems, depending on where one is in magic they have the opportunity to be a mentor or be mentored. The older ones encourage the younger and there is good comeraderie amongst the members. Others may claim that clubs are all about politics but I've never personally seen this and never really understand what they mean by this.

Our club meets monthly and also has various events throughout the year, banquets, competitions, and lectures on top of the monthly meetings.

I think you can get a lot out of a club whether its a formal gathering or informal. I'd say give it a chance and check it out for yourself.

Best of luck to you!
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
At the moment I´mnot a member of any circle or organisation. That´s because I study in London at the moment, so it would be difficult for me to attent meetings in Germany. But when I go back, I want to join a magic club.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Pure Effect 2
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, England
60 Posts

Profile of Pure Effect 2
OK thanx youve been a great help
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Have a look on http://www.magicweek.co.uk and they have a link of lots of local magic clubs,

Dizzy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Magic Circle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL