The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Impossible Escape. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Today is 60 years on since the liberation of Auschwitz.
If you were under 18 years old or over 50 years of age to escape would have ment to have life.
Very few did, and even with all of our knowledge today, as ea`s we too would have found it an impossible escape.

Guess it makes all of our cell escapes look pretty tame in comparison, may we remember those who tried.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I take it it was a jail cell?
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Yes, those who did escape did so only by surviving until they were liberated. Two sush heroes that escaped are Corry Tenboom and Victor Frankl. Though very different (female/male, Christian/Jew) they survived by drawing on that which called them beyond what they alone could do. Corry called on her faith. Victor said realized that the best and the weakest died. In their ultruism the best folsk gave up their bread for others while they died from hunger. The weak died in their weakness. Those who survived were those who could could "escape" their surroundings by finding meaning in their suffering and in doing so, could find hope to survive.

Clyde
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Victor Frankl's book, "Man's Search for Meaning," draws deeply on his experiences to develop the idea that Pastor Clyde summarized. I highly recommend this book.

Yours,

Paul
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
Less we not forget what happened!

J
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hey Wolflock,
Auschwitz was the German concentration camp that was used during the 2nd World War and was the place where Jews, homosexuals, gypsies and other folk that Hitler didn't approve of. Most of those that were taken there were murdered in the gas chambers. The total number is unknown but reports suggest a figure in the region of 1 million.
Let us pray that this never happens again.
Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
I went out with a Dutch girl years ago named Betty, her Dad who was still in Holland, told me that when the NAZI's invaded Holland, the Dutch girls used to keep knives in their garter belts and they'd lure the German soldiers into the forest (the soldiers thinking they were going to get lucky) and the girls would slit their throats.

~Rick~
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I too had a Dutch girl called Combo, back in 1969, thank goodness she never wore a garter !!!
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
It is sad what nations do to each other. I wish that humanity would learn from this and stop the nonsense that they get up to. Who cares who is stronger, who has more people, who has oil, etc.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
The people need to grow up and act their age and get back to the old days. where evreyone helped out each other.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Impossible Escape. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL