The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Burning rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
Thank you for your advices but I don't want to risk my life ...but what is so hard when you remove the straight jacket when it is a little large and you just put a hand over your head to espape from it and when you have a pair of gimmiked darby iron cuffs and 2 or 3 Yurasit locks.
I think as the danger could be a Chainsaw or a hedgecutters tied above me.
Imagine that I will do a lot of probes.
Before I will tied same weight like Chainsaw weight and I will burn the rope.
Now I think at a method to burn a rope but to be in safe.

I forgot to tell you that I use the chain to be tied by a base under a Chainsaw
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Apparently, quite thick rope has an inner core of thinner rope which is how it's made. The outer layer of rope is wound over the inner core. If you cut through the complete rope, in some cases, this inner core can be removed, leaving a kind of rope "tube". Push a steel cable into this, and you have a safe rope. Just make sure you get the ends of the cable properly fixed to a loop device. I'm sure that metal cable makers can splice the end of the cable for you
J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
Thank you for your fast replay Sir Hanzlik
I read your replays and I think at the towel method but what is the reason to put the towel on the rope I mean the reason for the spectators not for me?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
If your going to use a chainsaw. why not use a electric one and take the chain off of it.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
J0HANNES
Quote:
what is the reason to put the towel on the rope I mean the reason for the spectators ..?

The spectators will assume as I always have it that it can be soaked with fuel, either by dripping it in a bucket or pouring it over. Natural fiber hemp or manilla rope does 'wet' that quickly, so the towel or other form of absorbent cloth is needed.

Ian

Ian
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Ian..as always you are right! When I was talking to the crowd, I simply said that the rope was not absorbent enough to take in the fuel, so to make it burn more ferociously, we added the towel to soak up more fuel. They bought it and we got great results!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Someone finally seen the Light.
J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
Thank you Trunk 8 thank you all and if you want to think further at this subject and to add new replyes ,please do it.
Best regards for all.

I don't know yet what is the weight of the chainsaw but what could be the diameter of manila or hemp rope in your oppinions?
Johannes
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Johannes, firstly thank you for typing English , It is far more than I could do to be able to talk to you in Romanian. A credit to you.

I would suggest rope of 1 inch (25mm) or more. I would get a 200 litre drum and fill it with water and test your rope and the burning time ( Just the rope without anything but the fuel. Test it many times so you know the minimum time and diameter of rope. Then add the safety.

It has been a great subject and so good to hear so many views on the subject.

Keep safe and live long.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
You might want to add enough weight on the rope. so it is the same amount as you are and then try it. if you can have a back up so you don't hit the ground.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Don't forget to put a cowel on the rope,,,dropping,dripping fire tends to hurt,,,a lot.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
If you have dripping fire, you haven't done your homework. Period.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
Like I said before...

...if you watch those "extreme video" type shows you will sooner or later see the Jason Magic stunt where the burning liquid goes down the rope and sets him on fire.

Then they lower him in the river to put him out.

The real problem is, of course, no legitimate escape artist can get work with fools like this pooping on the dinner table.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Is there a way to encase the fire ?
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Yes Don, In ice.

Ian
(smily face picture)
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian I'm talking about to keep it lit. but not to burn the EA. ( smily face picture )
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
A cowel is standard over here,Moretti,Alan Alan,Dave Dante etc etc always use one, fibre rope will occassionaly drop flakes and bandaged rope sometimes comes away also upward heat in a TV studio can be dispersed by useing a double cowel. To swing the body during escape adds to the effect but also maximises the chance of splatter.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I was thinking of something like a cowel. but something that would stay lit. but not blow all over if it is windy outside.
J0HANNES
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of J0HANNES
Dear fellow magicians thank you for your care about me but DO NOT FORGET ...I will use a 1 inch or more hemp or manila rope with a steel cable in the midlle.I just want to escape before the fire to consume the towel and the rope because I want to keep the steel cable hidden no? And I think if I want to sleep a little under the chainsaw ...I CAN and I will not dye because I have a STEEL CABLE.The most important thing is to tied verry well this rope at the ends.
So I will buy a thick rope a steel cable I will put a towel and gasoline and I will untied the gafs .
What you say? Do not tell me that I will dye.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
If you want to try it try it but rehearse it forst. and find a slow burning fuel.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Burning rope (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL