The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings and Salutations and Such » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Derek P. Moore
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
53 Posts

Profile of Derek P. Moore
Howdy, everybody,

My name is Derek Paul Moore, 1st w/o 2nd. I'm a 21-year-old male member of the species Homo sapien sapien. I live in Kansas City, Missouri, USA; even though I don't believe in nations or borders or states, I must reference them to give you an idea of my locality.

I've been performing magic since about fourth grade. My middle school years, I was obsessed with becoming the best magician in the Universe when I "grew up." But in eighth grade I discovered computers and got distracted from that lofty goal. Since high school, I've been working "professionally" as a computer consultant, network engineer, security and UNIX/Linux hacker, etc.

I never gave up on magic, I've continued preforming "amaturely" for friends and family, at parties, etc. all these years. But lately, with the collapse of the technology sector of our fake economy, the job market has become quite tight, and my interest in performing "professionally" (i.e., for money) has been re-awakened.

I'd classify myself as a fairly accomplished magician. Most o' my card magic and sleight of hand I've learned through reverse engineering. Someone would blow me away with a trick, so I'd work backwards to figure it out. I'd like to think I've learned more this way. Aside from figuring out other people's tricks, my other resource was the library (not a very good resource in relation to magic or sleight of hand). My parents never had a lot o' money to buy me the expensive videos and books that I would have liked to learn from.

I did manage to save up money in my youth and purchase myself some larger illusions: dancing cane, needle through arm, PK kit, Zombie ball, dove pan, change bag, underwear between scarves, etc. The dancing cane is probably my favorite--I'm purdy good at it.

So anyhow, that's my introduction. Nice to meet you all. Perhaps we shall meet in the flesh some day.

Peace out, g-monkeys,

Derek
All my posts are anti-copyright 2002 by myself. No rights reserved. Plagiarism is encouraged. Intellectual property is an oxymoron.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Welcome Friend Derek!

Nice to have you join us here.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Derek and such Smile Smile Smile
Welcome to the Café etc. Have a cup of strong coffee and something with it etc. You will like the Café and such... (you see I learn quickly). Apart from this joke, you can find no better place about magic neither in the net nor on the earth.

Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
appletruth
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of appletruth
Hi, welcome to the Cafe! Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Derek.
You are most definitely at the right place here, the biggest and best magic board on the 'net.
Smile
backpalmmagic
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, California
69 Posts

Profile of backpalmmagic
Welcome, Derek!

Reverse engineering has to be a great way to flex those "magic thinking muscles."

Looking forward to your insights on the board. The Cafe is a great place to hang out...

Cheers,
Bob Mills
Jeff Weiss
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Jeff Weiss
Hi Derek! A person after my own heart... well almost, I've been getting back into being interesting in computer-nerdy stuff after I visited DEFCON this year.

Welcome to the Cafe! Smile
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1909 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Hola!!!
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
Good day and Welcome! You'll find this to be a very informitive and well kept forum. I look foward to your posts.
-Casey
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Howdy, Derek! Welcome to the Cafe!!

Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Jax
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Jax
Hi Derek

Welcome to the Cafe !
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4813 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Great to have you here!
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4204 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Well met Derek!

Nice to meet another person who doesn't believe in 'borders'.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Glad to have you here Derek. Enjoy yourself. Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Welcome to the Cafe! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings and Salutations and Such » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL