The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » EA physiques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Quote:
On 2005-01-28 16:41, David Straitjacket wrote:
Personally I have always thought body image was just as important for sideshow, after all you are seen to be pushing boundaries of physical possibility, and anything that says, "hey this guys just like me", makes the statement that they can do it too.

I couldn't agree with David any more than I do on this one! I've always found it odd when I see a normal(?) looking sideshow performer. That doesn't mean that he has to be muscular. He just has to fit the concept that he (or she for that matter) has created for themselves. For example, Crispy of The Crispy Family Circus isn't a thin guy, and he's not super muscular (If you're reading this, no offense Crispy, you know that I love ya buddy!)... but he has a look that fits him and it works.

I think that you should do your best to look the part. Mind you that depends on what part you're playing and your own character concept. Personally I can barely stand having facial hair but I keep it because without it I don't really "look" like a magician. If anything I just have something of a baby face... and that's annoying since it doesn't mesh with a character that's called "The knife".

So you don't HAVE to fit the preconceived notions of your public. But if you don't then you sure better be able to change there minds during your performance.

Anyway, I'm 5'10' and weigh about 165 lbs. It varies a bit depending on whether or not I'm in training for something though (although I really should keep up the physical training a bit more than I do during my down time). And I prefer to be a bit more on the muscular side over all but I'm far away from being big. I'd just call it being toned. But that's just what works for me.
Dayle
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Dayle
I stand about 5'5" and weigh 120 lbs. I think that the strong build suits the escape artist (whether male or female) but it can all depend on the act and the personality of the showman (showperson?). As a women, I would never go for the super strong, muscles bursting at the seams look (because I think it's kinda scary) but I do like the toned look. I think it indicates to the audience capability and the fact that you take the escape seriously and so should they. I guess it all comes down to what works for you. Some people have the 'look' automatically and others have to work at it.

Being in shape certainly helps with the safety aspect of this art though. There are already things that 'could' go wrong when doing escapes, why add the health risk?

Cheers
Dayle
World's Most Accomplished Female Escape Artist
http://www.sherryandkrallmagic.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Some of those strong women are scary. with the body that looks similar to a guy and a face of a female. egads.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2005-02-01 17:36, Dayle wrote:
I stand about 5'5" and weigh 120 lbs.

"We're not so different, you and I." Smile

And Wolflock, we won't laugh or snicker...WE'LL GIGGLE AND HOOT! Kidding Smile

Daniel
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Daniel you are about as bad as me.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
LOL. Oh hell! Another Don.

*Wolf gets ready to find the razor blades* J/k
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2005-02-04 02:48, Wolflock wrote:

*Wolf gets ready to find the razor blades* J/k

*puts tip pinky to side of mouth* muahahaha....MUAhahahaha.....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Evreyone wants to get in on the act.
houdiniguy
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of houdiniguy
Hello!
In response to your question How heavy was Tom Gallo The worlds largest escape artist and is he still performing.... The answers are here:

His billing said "over 400 pounds of Excitement! In the tradition of the great Houdini, Only bigger! Yes he is still performing. Did a ungimmicked jacket top great acclaim for it's humor and legtimate escape (posey) Many other escapes followed. Upside down, underwater, fire, milk can, and much more.

I know this as he is ME!
Take care.
Tom
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
I was over 100Kg this winter, but when I started escapology and found out I couldn't get my handcuffed hands from back to front I started loosing weigh, I lost more than 10 Kg in a few month ! Escapes gave me the will to loose weigh Smile
In september I start martial arts again to build so more muscle...
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
NAswered this in other opst. Anyone know what 1.72M is on feet? I am still not sure.
Wolflock
South Africa
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
1m72 on your feet is still 1m72 Smile

We should find a convertor to convert from Kg and cm !
Apache
View Profile
New user
Finland
77 Posts

Profile of Apache
From meters to feet:
http://www.qsl.net/w4sat/feetconv.htm

-Jari-
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Just Measured. LOL. I am not 1.72m. I am 1.78M. Thanks Jari. Also know what that is in feet now. 5'8" So know I finally have the truth. YAY!
Wolflock
South Africa
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Where did this thread come back from, it was dead!

I am 6 foot (though I look taller what with the boot heels and the hair), and about 78 kgs / 171lbs / 12.25 Stone. I have been bulking up for the last few months, trying to slap on a bit of muscle Smile Reckon another 10 lbs should be enough.

I met Kondini, well, I say met, I heard a voice coming from around my knees. I thought I was going mad, my knees have never talked nonsense like that before. Thankfully I looked down before I trod on him. I swear, the moustache was bigger than his whole body.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was Classic David. Still wiping the tears from my eyes and rubbing my sore stomach from laughing at that. How come you are never on Skype anymore?

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I do a few escapes but I don't classify myself as an escape artist...I am a sideshow performer...I am incredibly skinny, 5'10( or about 6 foot with the hair) and around 120lbs. I use my build to my advantage.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
New user
stoney creek, ontario
54 Posts

Profile of wildwolf
Alittle help, I am looking for a good diet to get to the perfect ea weight and body size as well as an exercise program. I am just starting in escapes,i am 35 years old, 200lbs, and 5 feet, 6 inches tall. can you help
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » EA physiques (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL