The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Handlordz Motion's DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Hey Guys

I just received a newsletter from handlordz with a link to the trailer of MOTIONS.

I went to download this close to 8 meg mp4 file and was extremely disappointed. *Sigh*. there was no flourishes or what so ever in the trailer.

The clip opens with a short cemetory scene with 2 graves. Then it goes on with the "HANDLORDZ" slogan. Afetr this it talks about the legends of flourishes, etc and that they "LIVES!" then ends with "MOTIONS" and some copyrighted stuff, and that english and german versions have already been produced. De'vo's name appears and ends. LOL

What a disappointment. Was really hoping thay De'vo would be kind enuff to put at least ONE flourish so we can see how underground it really was. Anyway, just fyi, the newsletter stated that owners of the DVD will see a much longer intro with the flourishes. Guess we really have to hope that one of those people who DOES own the DVD be willing to perhaps post something in this forum and shed some light.

Anyway, at least there is a trailer Smile (Not that it proves much LOL but its still a start to this unsolved underground mystery)

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
First off, it's not worth sweating about whether the DVD exists or not. I believe it does exist. The only "mystery" is whether or not he will be releasing it to the public as well later on.

If he showed any part of the move(s) contained in the DVD, it wouldn't be underground, would it?

From what I hear, each of the trailers that the lucky people received have their own subtlety so that De'vo can tell them apart. If one person leaks the trailer, he will be able to find out who was responsible.

Just because some lies have originated from the Handlordz Forum doesn't mean EVERYTHING is a lie Smile It's in De'vo's potentital to put out wicked card manipulation moves, so I have no doubt that this "Motions" exists.
- richard
v3g4
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of v3g4
Yo peps this DVD is there , because I know one of my friends has it.And as one HL's Team members said other day in chat, there will be some demo's.
anime_file
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of anime_file
I'm pretty sure motions exists. Shark Attack on Penguin forums is getting it. You can ask him about it. He flourishes with Jerry and stuffs.
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
I have a Rhetorical Question, that I'm not willing to put up on Handlordz, cuase I don't know De'vo or Jerry, or too much XCM although I really dig it..

But on the post where HLSquad says it sould out in like 10 mins..
He states that a couple people bought multiple copies..
Then he states that you have to sign a secrecy agreement to get it.

Wouldn't the whole purpose of the buying MULTIPLE copies, be to turn around and sell them at a profit... so if you're enforcing a SECRECY Agreement, you think you wouldn't allow MULTIPLE copies to be sold to a single buyer.

Anyhoo... Whether the DVD does or doesn't exist.. I don't like the secrecy.. it's just shady..
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
HL could have kept the DVD really underground by not even letting any of us know of its existence. That way, none of us would feel bad, and the people that have the DVDs could maintain their secrecy.
360degree
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of 360degree
If this motions DVD is a fake, then the purpose of HL doing all these is to make us discuss/argue/talk s-h-it/bash/bootlick or whatever, just to make them more popular. It's just like the media. The more rumours or gossips about a particular celeb, the more attention he/she gets! So lets not fall into this and help promote HL indirectly by talking anymore.

Let the Motions pass. Pass Motion.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Quote:
On 2005-02-04 22:09, anime_file wrote:
I'm pretty sure motions exists. Shark Attack on Penguin forums is getting it. You can ask him about it. He flourishes with Jerry and stuffs.

Off course Shark Attack "got it" as Shark Attack is De´vo!
And that is some obvious stuff, haha.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
360degree
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of 360degree
Thought the ones that are getting it can't tell anyone about it? Guess Shark Attack's gonna get attacked then.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Haha, De´vo must really be a masochist if he attacks himself. Smile

But I dunno, maybe you get a little confused when you are Schizophrenic.
anime_file
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of anime_file
Shark attack is black Harwin, Unless De'vo is black with white hands.. which could be freaky o.O
360degree
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of 360degree
Anyone can give the black some money to pose for a picture. How naive of you anime_file. Guess too much anime ain't good after all.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Hahah Devo's a marketing genuis that's all I'll say.
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Hey MichalMystic, are you the dude that was on the first superhandz forum? I remember someone with a name like that
I like cards.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Exactly, I could as likely be black, all pictures and videos of me could either be transformed with the face transformer website thingy, and I could have changed my skin color in all my videos, you never know.

Haha, I know De´vo is sharkattack already so there´s nothing to discuss. Smile
SirPoBoy
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of SirPoBoy
I do believe that De'vo's Motion's DVD does exist. As rkzad mentioned, De'vo is fully capable of making excelent material as seen from the past. On the Handlordz Forums, Jerry himself has posted a review on the Motion's DVD:

"De'vo Vom Schattenreich has returned to his underground roots with his latest project. De'vo's new Motions DVD is an amazing production, both for the cutting edge editing and the surprising new concepts behind the name. The feel is a blend of the gritty and shadowy with state of the art effects. This complements the ultimately complex nature of the manipultions. You need to see things from many different angles becuse the "components" are constantly moving. Although the presentation differs substantially from CTG and Cobra, there is still a driving, focused cohesiveness to the footage that is thrilling and fascinating. A lot of the new presentation techniques are in part, tests of the techniques to be offered in Extreme Beginner's. No, Motions will not be on Extreme Beginner's, but the editing is a sample of what is to come in terms of an overall thematic approach. Ironically, Motions is far more of a system than the "System."

How De'vo thought of this particular modality is beyond me. I have invented a lot of flourishes, and I am proud of my creations, but De'vo never ceases to astonish me with the originality of the basic concept, and then the degree to which the concept can be brought to fruition. I think the reason you see a lot of minor variations of basic themes out there is because it is easy to do someone else's move and then alter it. You've got the move to start. De'vo invents the move from nothing. That is not so easy.

Motions is a true system, infinitely variable and with interchangeable components. The basics are actually fairly simple, if only you or I had thought of it. I have already got a couple of the basic configurations. The advanced moves will take several months, the super advanced moves could take longer. This is the first suite of moves I have ever seen with so much built-in variety. The fluidity and genuine non-stop nature of the manipulations are as addictive to watch as they are to do. I can't wait for some time off to really explore some of the more improbable "tricks."

This is an extremely limited edition DVD, with each copy slightly different to trace unauthorized copies. One of the motivations behind limiting the release of this work is limit the extent to which the move is copied and claimed. I must admit a selfish satisfaction in this, as I would love to use the material for a while before it gets out. It is bound to get out, sooner or later, although every recipient is sworn to secrecy and each copy is unique. When it does get out, it will spread as quickly and as thoroughly as Sybil did in the 1990's. The original Sybil concept was around for a while before it was published and the hive took over.

I won't be selling or uploading my copy; instead I'll be wowing my spectators with something as fun to do as it is to watch. I'm not trying to sell more copies for De'vo either - there are no more. I do want to be the one to say "I told you so," when, sooner or later, everyone is doing Motions. For now, De'vo has provided a true underground treat for a handful of dedicated fanatics.

Jerry"

SirPoBoy
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
If motions exist, it MIGHT have better editing than the system, but if that is the case, De´vo has released several products before and I think he knows more about movie making than Dan & Dave. You can compare someone who practised something for a short while with someone who did it for a life time.

Also, as De´vo and Jerry are close friends it´s quite obvious that he advertises his friends product rather than someone he never spoke to at all.

I don´t know. If it really exists, he will for sure release it to public in a little while. If it doesn't, like it think, it is just to advertise HL.

The more events you do, the more well known your name gets.

That´s what he wants.
Reverse
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Reverse
The trailer for this dVd is insanee! De'vo has has the talent to make anything and he prolly can make another insannee dVd. Im jus gonne have to wait for the beginers dVd.

Rev
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Reverse:

Where did you see the trailer? If its the one in the xtremehandz website then I have watched that. But where is the insane thing which you mentioned? It doesn't show any moves at all jus some words about the legend living today and then more words and then 'motion' by De'vo.

Pls let me know if you have another trailer that has moves and hence is insane. Having been trying for eons to find one

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
kxxcheng
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of kxxcheng
I don't believe that one with moves exists.
Karen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Handlordz Motion's DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL