The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone watch the second episode of NUMB3RS? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
The first episode of NUMB3RS was interesting, and tonight's was as well, until their mathematician claimed that the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle applies to anything larger than subatomic particles: in particular, the claim that the HUP says anything about how people's behavior changes when they're being observed is absurd.

I e-mailed CBS about this, suggesting that they should have techinical consultants - physicists or mathematicians - who really understand this stuff.

Who knows . . . .
Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
242 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
I also saw it this. I have a good chuckle everytime the math whiz looks around and the world slows down with funny graphs and equations superimposed on it. I understand the equations don't have to be accurate, but it still cracks me up. The HUP was a reach, especially because at that point the math equation was done, and the FBI was at work again, and they should know things can go wrong without being subjected to a modern physics lecture. The show intrigues me because I am an engineer, but I figure most people would have tuned out already. I don't know how long I'll hang in there on this show because the FBI is way too dependent on the math whiz.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Guys, it's just a TV show. It's meant for entertainment.

Don't drown with nerd-ocity!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
242 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
Too late. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone watch the second episode of NUMB3RS? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL