The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel magic plot for Stamp Album (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
447 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I have used a Gospel Magic plot for the old Stamp Album trick (found in Mark Wilson’s Complete Course in Magic, among other places). I show an envelope full of loose postage stamps, of many different colors, printed with many different languages, from all over the world -- just like the people who make up the Church, God’s people -- they’re all different, different languages, from all over the world, different races (colors), etc. But, in the Church they all find a place -- I say as I dump the stamps into my "Stamp Album," then open the album, previously shown to be empty of stamps, and show that the stamps have now all found their proper places in the album! The album is now full of stamps!

-- Hushai
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Quote:

On 2001-12-12 22:46, Hushai wrote:

I have used a Gospel Magic plot for the old Stamp Album trick (found in Mark Wilson’s Complete Course in Magic, among other places). I show an envelope full of loose postage stamps, of many different colors, printed with many different languages, from all over the world -- just like the people who make up the Church, God’s people -- they’re all different, different languages, from all over the world, different races (colors), etc. But, in the Church they all find a place -- I say as I dump the stamps into my "Stamp Album," then open the album, previously shown to be empty of stamps, and show that the stamps have now all found their proper places in the album! The album is now full of stamps!

-- Hushai

That is nice. It ties in well with the different people, countries, etc. as God is God of All.

I just picked up the stamp album and had laid it aside, because I do mostly improptu street evangelism. But I have a Christian Coffee house gig coming up and will work something in the Stamp Book, and if I come up with anything more on it - a different twist etc, I will let you know.

Thanks

Bro David

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
brownsentertainment
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of brownsentertainment
Nice application for the trick.
gbradburn
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
74 Posts

Profile of gbradburn
I like this idea and welcome any opportunity to use something from Mark Wilson's wonderful book.

You got the gears in my brain going with this idea. Lots of possibilities.
I think I like the notion of "people from every tongue, kindred and nation" more than "races" or "colors" since there's really only one race, the Human race (I may have been reading too much Ken Ham lately).

I prefer "the Kingdom of God" instead of the "church" since "church" means different things to different people and I just like the "kingdom of God" phrase, it's catchy.

For an older audience, I think it could be cool to talk about how there's just something about "community" that brings glory to God. He himself is a community of three persons and He's just too big & awesome to be fully glorified by individuals but a priesthood of diverse believers more gloriously reflects his character.

Maybe that's over complicating it, I'll have to think about that.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your plot.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel magic plot for Stamp Album (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL