The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Anyone wanna ring me up?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Or each other for that matter??

Hey guys, I was just wondering how many here have heard about this new Skype internet telephone service? I've been using it for about 6 weeks now, and I gotta say it's really pretty cool.

It's absolutely free to download and to use, VERY easy to get the hang of, and it allows you to call any other PC in the world (with it) for FREE!! It downloads in less than 5 minutes, and it works instantly. Plus, it allows you to make conference calls with 3 or 4 participants.

Right away I thought of the W.E.A.R. event, and how it could be discussed/organized for free by anyone with a headset mic.

If for some reason you don't like it, just delete it from your memory! Easy. Something to think about, and easier than opening some Darbys. Easier on the wrist, too!

If anyone here does have it, or intends to get it based on this message, my handle is "magicchance" (of course!), so be sure to give me a ring.

Chance

ps- This is not a paid referral. I get no money, credits, nothing, nada, zilch, zero -- for sending members their way. I just like the service, use it myself, and hope you can too.

http://www.skype.com

Go get it already, you know you want too!!!!!!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I never heard of it until now thanks for the info.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I've used Skype before. I think it's brilliant! If you've ever talked with someone over AIM/MSN/Yahoo! etc. IM, this is MUCH clearer. It seriously sounds like you're on the phone with someone! I highly recommend the program. Once I get another mic., I'll share my username.

Daniel
If it is to be, it is up to me.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
So I take it someone needs a mic and speakers for this. I only have half of it right now.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Yep. The most convenient way is a mic/earphone combo piece, like an air traffic controller might use. But they only cost around 20 bucks, and you can then call anywhere in the world for free. Seems like a good investment to me.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Yes it is a good investment. I'll look into it. can it be used to call people on their phones to.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Yes, it can also be used to call normal telephones, and they offer a rate much cheaper than land lines for this, too. But since I haven't used this feature myself yet, I didn't mention it. For me, at least for now, the free option is plenty of incentive.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I cannot load anything on my system here. If you use cell phones try http://www.mxit.co.za If registered with this, you can get hold of me on +27 83 245 9085. I would love to hear from some of you. Just remember to tell me who you are and where you are from as I might be recieving some calls at 1 am or something like that. LOL.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie what time zone are you in ?
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
GMT + 2 Hours.
Wolflock
South Africa
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Yesterday I spent **3 hours** Skyping with another member of this escape board, even though they were in a time zone 9 hours away!! The call was free with Skype, but I wonder how much it might have cost otherwise??

Ain't electricity wonderful?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Chance I don't think you want to see the Bill. I know I wouldnt.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Chance. I replied to your email the other day but have not heard anything back. Is there something wrong?
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie why no PM Him ?
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
How about this:

Verizon Wireless customers can talk to me for free! (and I can call anywhere after 9 or on the weekends for free!) LoL

(203) 695-2216 is my cell #...that's until I get a mic. to use Skype again Smile

Daniel
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Is that International Daniel?
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I get free nights and weekends on mine. I'm not sure if it could be international.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Wolflock: I don't think the free minutes apply to international calling.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Check with your Phone Company. even if its incoming calls.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Hmmm. I must find out.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Anyone wanna ring me up?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL