The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Anyone wanna ring me up?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Mr. Cuchet, want a computer? WORK HARDER! LOL Sorry, I was waiting for that...Smile Hey! I just found this on a site:

Over 100 free computers sent to South Africa

This is the largest donation that we have ever sent abroad, and has completely exhausted our stock of computers ! We urgently need donations to replace these, and are therefore appealing to individuals, Rotary Clubs and other charities to help us continue our work.

Remember £50 ($100) will refurbish a network computer, £100 ($200) will provide a Pentium-based standalone machine with a brand-new CD-ROM drive and modem for connection to the Internet, and £750 ($1500) will enable us to give a complete ICT Suite of 15 computers to a school in need. To make a donation to Free Computers for Education, Registered Charity No. 1059116, just click on:

Yes, I'll consider sponsoring you !

LOL! Anyways, go to http://www.free-computers.org/ and check out 'Computers for All' at the left-hand side.

Daniel
If it is to be, it is up to me.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie Try to get a FREE Puter.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
We should all list our Skype usernames. I have just downloaded the software and signed up, no working mic as yet but I can still type chat.

My username is David _Straitjacket

Anyone else?
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I didn't know you could type chat. I guess I'll have to figure out how to download it.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
LOL. I am desperate for a computer but not desperate enough to get a system before someone who needs it more than I do. I will just have to save up. Now comes the decision. Will it be a New Computer or the Cannon's Convention in Oct? I am tending to lean more towards the convention.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie try for the free puter.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Smile @ Don. You are encouragable.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
That way you will have both.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
To all the regulars here, I just want to say that if you haven't gotten Skype by now, you are really missing out!

I have been using it now for about 2 months, and I have to say, there is absolutely no reason not to get it: You can call any other computer in the world for just the cost of some cheap headphones/mic combo; you can txt while talking; you can send files off your hard drive while talking; you can bring 4 or 5 people into the same call at the same time (conference calling); you can seach the Skype database for members anywhere in the world (and some are using this feature to strike up pen-pals, and so on) -- etc., etc.

FOR FREE.

I'm still trying to get enough of you guys hooked up so we can make some EA conference calls. That could include EA's that don't post here much as well.

You snooze, you lose.

Chance

Wow, I've really lost track of time this winter! I have had Skype for close to 4 months now, not 2. Man, this cabin fever is something else!
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
*Sob* Aaaaargh! I also want Skype, but it is a choice of either the Convention in October or a Computer. I am still leaning toward the convention. Chance is making it more difficult to make a discision now.
Wolflock
South Africa
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
I downloaded the program and have it installed but I've not tested it yet. If there's a time that works for someone I'd be glad to put it to the test. As Chance said it could be a great tool to help in coordinating W.E.A.R.

Clyde
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie I told you get one of those FREE computers then you can do Both.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Mr. Cuchet, go for the convention.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
That is what I am planning to do Daniel. I have at least got a sponsor for a Wireless Centrino Notebook for the WEAR Challenge.
Wolflock
South Africa
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
OK, I signed up. I am still Cliffg37. (call me Cliff though). I have downloaded it and found that it interfered with my e-mail program. I had to turn it off to read my e-mail? Oh well. I will try it at some point. I do have the mic/earpiece already to go.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Cliff Nice Going hope you enjoy it.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Yesterday afternoon (Vienna time) a new world record category was established and duly recorded: The first ever 3-country EA Skype conference call -- with myself, Steve Baker (Southern California) and David Straitjacket (Northern England) participating.

Where's the Guinness people when you need them, huh?

You guys who don't have Skype yet are really missing out. Don't say I never told ya!

Chance
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
*Sigh*

Wolf just shakes his head.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie don't shake your Head to much it might come off.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2005-03-15 02:33, Wolflock wrote:
I have at least got a sponsor for a Wireless Centrino Notebook

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...

lol Don't know what happened just then...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Anyone wanna ring me up?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL