The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did anyone ever spend their coin gimmicks on accident? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
I'm sure I'd lose it if I ever had a gaffed/gimmicked coins......

I almost spent my half dollars for bus fare though. The bus driver gave me a funny look.
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
I've done it often lost more than a few. One of the nice thing being Canadian is we can use toonies as they are fairly easy to palm and are coins people use everyday. One of the bad things about being Canadian is using coins that you use every day.
One time while drinking I almost tipped a e******d toonie shell. Luckily I noticed it fall off when it hit the bar. Lost mostly folding coins over the years though.
Thinking if this many people have been spending them. Anyone ever receive a gaff as payment?
Manny
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Manny
It's ridiculous. I've never done it ... more then twice.
It's getting too expensive to do it again.
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I try to keep my 'magic' coins in my right pocket and my spare change in the left. Or maybe it's the other way around...I keep my magic coins in my LEFT pocket and my spare change in the RIGHT Smile
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
usg353d
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of usg353d
Never have yet. Knock on wood.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I have spent a dime-and-penny set, and would probably have spent other gaffs if I had any in common currency, but all the ones I use are in half dollar or silver dollar sizes, which I never spend.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
I have lost (spent) a few gaff quarters in my time. Funny thing is I rarely use gaffs but when I do................ It is the usual, keep them with the real coins so when you get them out "nothing is suspicous".........just expensive.

Aside from the "impromtu Magic Goofs" gaff halves and dollar coins are a lot harder to mistakenly spend.

M
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
Card Collegiate
View Profile
New user
New Orleans
5 Posts

Profile of Card Collegiate
Logitech has a wallet that's used for storing photo memory chips. It costs around $3.00 and is perfect for storing coins. CHeck it out and let me know how it works for you.
Card Collegiate
Manny
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Manny
I have lost several coins. This is easy to do when you seldom use them or
when you have a senior moment. Solution ? ... I keep them in a coin purse.
It's a good solution except when one consumes too much alcohol one day or
even worse when your wife goes through your pockets looking for change.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I accidentally spent cig-thru-quarter several times.
8thking
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of 8thking
I spent a few in my time but now I get a sharpie and write FAKE COIN on them all so I always know not to spend em
Jesus is alive:
Living proof you can’t keep a God man down
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 06:05, 8thking wrote:
I spent a few in my time but now I get a sharpie and write FAKE COIN on them all so I always know not to spend em

Haha..very funny. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Daston
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Daston
Here's one I bet you have never heard before. I am almost embarrassed to tell it but while at a family reunion in West Virginia, I was practicing cig thru the quarter while using an outdoor toilet. I dropped it on the floor and of course it found its way in a crack between two boards in the floor. Fortunately, it nested on some grass that eventually gets tracked in off shoes. I held my breath and took off the top of a bic ink pen and almost had it out when "unfortunately, the grass gave way and it fell into ..... well I don't think you will have to ask Paul Harvey for "the rest of the story."
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Aww..that sucks dude.

Maybe this will cheer you up. A while back I finally received a Quantum Bender 2.0. If anyone doesn't know, it's a tool used to bend coins in real time, for mentalism routines.

Anyhow, I was bending all the change in my apartment including rolls I bought from the bank. One day I bent a quarter that was on my t.v. stand and was surprised to see that it popped open!

I thought, wow! This might be one of those spy coins or something. There was a heads piece, a tails piece and a small round piece of aluminum inside.

Yes..the more I looked at the coin the more it started to dawn on me.

I accidentally bent and popped open one of my shimmed quarters. Smile lol..
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
PWB
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of PWB
I have done it a few times with nickels and quarters. Now I only use half. I love them and I never spend a half. even if it is a real not gimmick ed one.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2005-02-07 01:16, cigar808 wrote:
Chapter 24 of "Discoverie of Witchcraft" warns:

A magician must have a full assortment of trick coins and the like, but he must be careful lest he forget which are which and spend the wrong coins.

400 plus years and we are still admonishing ourselves.

Can you imagine some rare coin collector getting upset because his Elizabethan era 3 Shilling coin is split in half and has an Irish Groat on the inside...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did anyone ever spend their coin gimmicks on accident? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL