The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did anyone ever spend their coin gimmicks on accident? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Dusty the magic clown
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Dusty the magic clown
While I was in Florida I used my bite quarter for my laundry *** expensive laundry
Marc Woods
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
147 Posts

Profile of Marc Woods
You won't believe this, I just spent my jumbo coin in a parking meter Smile Smile
MiNDHACKER / goochelaar
https://www.marcwoods.nl
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
I threw a folding quarter into the toll booth once at least I think that's what happen to it, I wonder what happens when some one gets it in their change
Who is Tattoo Joe?
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
I lost my TT with a twenty in it. I was ticked. first because it was my only hard plastic TT for doing switches, but mostly because there was twenty bucks in it! The only good thing was it wasn't a 100 bucks!

I did find my TT 6 months later in my garage on a shelf. How it got there I will never know! After that experience, I frequently check the shelf for lost items: mismatched socks, winning lotto tickets, crime evidence, etc. Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
NJ Turnpike Toll booth have go tto be the biggest. I actually got a ticket for it once because it didn't register it as a quarter.
On a side note are we exposing? LOL
MixEddie
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of MixEddie
I was walking around at my college one day staring at the ground (which I'm usually doing) when I stumbled on a half dollar. As I picked it up I accidentally dropped it and heard a funny clink. So I ran home, got out my bang ring and VIOLA!!!... a free Scotch and Soda. Smile
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
A couple years ago I had Flash Cash in my pocket. When I went to pay for gas, I took it out to get at my regular money. It wasn't until I was about 50 miles away that I realized I left my Flash Cash on the counter.

ps) I lost $185.CDN that day.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
I threw a cig through quarter in toll booth on the parkway

and in case you were wondering

I'm exit 148 (Garden State Parkway) and 15W (Turnpike)

Joe
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I haven't spent any gaffes, but I stretched the heck out of the [ half of a dime-and-penny by (you guessed it) shoving it down on a real dime!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I was in a store once and a guy working said he thought he had gotten a counterfiet coin. It was a english penny/locking half.

I bought it from him for $.50.

I was in Ames, Iowa 1984. If you want it back it will cost more than that.
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
This is one advantage of using halves, English pennies, and Chinese coins. I've never spent any of my gaffs because I don't spend those types of coins.

Now, if you wanna talk about how many I've lost, damaged, or destroyed by accident, that's quite another story!
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
Now that I have read all these other tales of woe, I don't feel so bad. Years ago I lost a Johnson cig thru quarter, I think I used it in a vending machine. One very expensive Pepsi! Smile
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Smile

I used to perform with a friend, who used a certain coin for a VERY impressive PK effect during Magic on the street at Disneyland. Every few months I'd ask why he wasn't doing the PK effect that night.

"I spent the quarter on something!"

I'll second Rob's advice regarding English pennies (although I do spend halves). As far as gaffed coins go, two words fellas: Coin purse.

Leland
Vaderbreath
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Vaderbreath
I once spent my two-headed quarter in a pop machine. As soon as I dropped it in, I felt that sinking feeling, and when I checked, sure enough it was gone. Now, I was only maybe 12...in my adult life I've kept track a little better.

-Corey
tbsmith918
View Profile
New user
Ruckersville, Virginia
32 Posts

Profile of tbsmith918
Haven’t spent one yet... never really worried about it... but that was before reading all of the above posts. Smile A side note... I’m sure as heck going to look more closely at the change I receive.
Tom
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
My wife borrowed two gaffed quarters off my dresser to get her morning coffee. Since then I keep them in the plastic bags they come in unless I am useing them at the time.
Still, I can't really blame her. I can't think without coffee in the morning either. Smile
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
I work in a chain of three Magic Shops here in the Ozarks...(Branson)...

I make dang sure that I warn those customers that buy S&S, Coin in Bottle, etc. to be sure they DON'T spend them...

Without fail I get a quick 'double take' when I give them the warning...

Hopefully that will keep them from making a big financial mistake!

Personally, I've never made this mistake, but seeing as I've only been performing Magic for just shy of 2 years, I'm sure it's bound to happen...

Sigh...

Thank God for the employee discount!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
The only time this happened to me was about 20 years ago. After coming home from a bar and emptying my pockets, I realized I had put my cig through quarter in a pinball machine. Expensive game. I think they were selling for $25 at the time. I did come close to tossing a folding quarter in a toll booth, but caught myself in time.
lelo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of lelo
I have not seen my raven quarter. I believe I mixed it with my pocket change and got lost.
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
560 Posts

Profile of pradell
It really hurts when the folded up $100 bill disappears long after the $100 bill switch trick is completed. Ouch! Need to clean up carefully after your shows!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did anyone ever spend their coin gimmicks on accident? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL