The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fearson's Goodbye Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Okay ... Fearson had some good ideas on the past, but with this one... he must be joking. I received the manuscript today. And it's not worth the money. Believe me.
Sorry, but I can't find another word for the effect: ridiculous.

It seems more of a joke to play on your friends, than a effect.
Of course I can't expose here how it works, but if you buy it, you'll think the same as I thought "This guy must be joking". Probably Fearson's worst effect ever...
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What did it cost?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
$6.95 , and you don't need props.. only your bare hands. I'm still chocked...
Kind Regards,
JP

Dr Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Sparks, NV
154 Posts

Profile of Dr Magic
Isn't that what was advertised? No props?

Dr Magic

:carrot: Smile
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
This must be a good party trick when you peform after your friends have had couple of drinks. and if you placed the bill on em the trick is worth its money Smile

I havent bough it so far but by the sound of it looks like nice follow up for paper balls over the head.
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Mehtas exactly, it's just a party trick. "Ok let's bet that I can vanish" then you bet , and people go "DOH".
I Think Mr. Fearson did too much marketing work around something that is so obvious that it's not worth the money. Big expectations, big deception...
Oh well...
Kind Regards,
JP

ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
...see the other thread....
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Can someone review the Monkey Vanish?
TonyKo
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
68 Posts

Profile of TonyKo
It is very clever and doable if you take the time to build the props. I think the Monkey Vanish is EVEN BETTER then those you need to pay for 5000 .....a gimmicked box with an obvioulsy disproportionately thick base....

Effect: A box is on stage. A gorilla walk on stage too, it remove the cover of the cage and inside is the magician. The cover is place on the cage again. Ther is a fight betwen the gorilla and the magician who is still in the covered cage. Whisk ....the cover is gone and the magician is gone. The gorilla costume is removed to reveal the magician. BRavo! very good I think. In the league of Lance Burton's famous swrod fight illusion.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Do you use a bananna as a magic wand?
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Oh, I think I just downloaded a "trick" video like that dj... this sounds like a strange trick that he just released. I sort of want to pay him his 7 bucks just so I can experience this half disappointment/half enthusiastic response? strange. I cant get a good idea if its worth much to me. I would love to vanish infront of someone, but does it involve you putting two fingers on there eyes and then they open them or sumthing... cuz I got that one already! lol -Jesse
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
He stole my gorilla trick? I knew I shoulda published that one!

In my version though, there is no fake suit. The gorilla is actually a well trained magician. My loss.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
You mean its a magician doing a trick with the real magician in the box... then he disappears from the box and becomes himself, I MEAN the OTHER magician is him OR wait???? %&(*$

did you get it yet IBD1MON99R5HGYUP22DUE7RE888 beep doo bee beep dddoo... lol
Stephen Thompson
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Stephen Thompson
LordM

any chance you could acurately describe the effect.

thanks

S

PM or ste@iol.ie
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
The effect of the Monkey vanish is this:

Someone in a Gorilla costume enters the stage/room. You can do this up by dressing the gorilla like a magician (Hat, wand, etc.).

On stage there's a box resting on a table. The Gorilla lifts the box to show that you are inside a cage under the box. You and the cage are recovered by the box.

Some comedy by-play is done and at the end the box is lifted again and you're no longer there. You've vanished.

The gorilla removes his mask and you are now the one in the costume.

The great thing about it is it's a one man act. you don't need an assistant of any kind. It's a clever idea!

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Man, you got me there! How can this possibly be accomplished all by yourself without any assistants?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Well, Fearson will tell you for $6.95! Believe me, it's worth it. (Or don't believe me but it's still worth it.)
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Daffydoug,
In addition to the manuscript, Steve has some drawings. Steve doesn't claim to offer a full blown routine, but if you are looking to use his material as your springboard, he offers a 90% solution.

Worth $6.95? I think so. Compare that to the cost of a movie ticket. I've gotten several hours of entertainment out of it and I haven't even performed it yet!
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
While this can't be used all the time, when you are doing something 1on1 with someone, this is killer.

It is an instantanious vanish. One second they know you are there standing in front of them, the next second(litterally less than 1 second) you are gone out of sight.

With an appropriate escape route, you can be completly gone from the room...

The thinking is great on this, even if some may think they know the basic methods involved, this is really original and perfect for close up situations...

Properly done, this can be a real reputation maker, especially if you perform it for a "talker" who will relay that you really vanished to others, thereby disguising the method.

Get this!
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Yeah right..
Kind Regards,
JP

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fearson's Goodbye Vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL