The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fearson's Goodbye Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
multiply
View Profile
Loyal user
England (Olde!)
202 Posts

Profile of multiply
Quote:
On 2005-02-05 07:33, daffydoug wrote:
My question s this: Does the illusion require a lot of extra props that you have to build, or can it be done with things you find around the house?

Besides your own body, what other props are necessary to do this?

Nothing/none
Gary B
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Arghh.. all this talk made me go and click the "buy" link, even though I knew what it was, it was all the little particulars I didn't know that started to drive me crazy.
Still, for all those complaining, I don't know what they wanted for
$6.95 .. some secret scipt that could actually hypnotize people into believing you've vanished ?
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-02-05 07:46, multiply wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-02-05 07:33, daffydoug wrote:
My question s this: Does the illusion require a lot of extra props that you have to build, or can it be done with things you find around the house?

Besides your own body, what other props are necessary to do this?

Nothing/none

None? Now I really AM intirgued! It sounds absolutely impossible without some props or boxes or SOMETHING!!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Believe it... No one with normal mobility would have trouble learning the moves, and you don't need a milk create or invisible thread.
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Wel, I am totaly stumped on how it could be accomplished. (Convincingly)
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Quote:
some secret scipt that could actually hypnotize people into believing you've vanished ?

Actually Derren does a vanish infront of spectator. He vanishes just his head, then his limbs etc. He also vanishes completely becomes like an invisble man. There are no explanations given. But knowing Derren he might have done this partially by hypnotic inductions and partially by some clever magic tricks which include some props used in stage magic.
To believe is Magic.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2005-02-06 08:40, daffydoug wrote:

Wel, I am totaly stumped on how it could be accomplished. (Convincingly)

So buy it and then actually try it. No big deal, mate.

This will move you from clishnclaver to eupepsia.

Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Quote:
On 2005-02-06 10:49, Steve Hook wrote:
This will move you from clishnclaver to eupepsia.

Only if he eats the banana.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ostrobogulous. Totally ostrobogulous!!
silapmata
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of silapmata
My 2cents...You bought an "idea" for self vanish for $6.95 and is it worth it? I think it is! Cos wat they say in the write-up is just wat you get..
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
You know before I bought the trick I was wondering why he didn't put a video of this out because he has a video of everything else. but I see now if he did it would give the secret away unless he just showed the monkey vanish I'm interested on playing with it some more and making it better.im waiting for the 100 yard or more appearace on his blog.i need to find that out.
john
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
All I can say is that little $6 mauscript gained me an extra $1200 a month in performing income. I was doing some mentalism for some friends at a night club and the owner came over to me to see what I was doing. I did some quick cold reading and then bent a key for her. I closed with the vanish and actually just blended into the crowd and left the club for the night. A friend of mine called me a couple minutes later and told me she was freaking out and asking everyone who I was and if they had my number. I got a call the next day and she offered me a bi-monthly show at her club. I'm thankful for guys like Mr. Fearson who remind us that there is SOOOO much magic out there. Everything old becomes new again eventually. My strong suit is presentation, not methodology. I have a great respect for those who can take an old idea or concept and make it new again. I love the reaction I've gotten from my take on his vanish, and I'm grateful for the extra work it has gotten me. My first show I ever booked was right after a silk vanish with a TT. I never let myself forget that some of the most powerful magic we can create for people is sometimes the easiest to perform. What I can't believe is how much whining there is over a $6 manuscript. If feeling like a person wasted a whole $6 on a manuscript makes them so mad that they feel the need to rant on a public forum, then maybe a career/hobby change is in order. I admit I felt a little silly when I first read the manuscript and realized I knew the method all along. But later I smiled at the fact that a $6 manuscript got me off my butt and played around with something new to me that ended up getting me more work.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Perhaps she just liked your bent key routine...
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
That's awesome James! I think I will pick it up now.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
It doesn't matter how much it costs, it matters whether or not we got ripped off. and in this instance, we did. big time
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2005-02-14 23:38, the levitator wrote:
I closed with the vanish and actually just blended into the crowd and left the club for the night. A friend of mine called me a couple minutes later and told me she was freaking out and asking everyone who I was and if they had my number. I got a call the next day and she offered me a bi-monthly show at her club.

Now THAT is a good idea.

By simply thinking out of the box, you floored someone with a vanish that most said would never work.

Your post is a great example of what is possible if you 'Just Think' and improvise.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
"Good Idea"
"Thinking out of the box"
"Just Think' and improvise"

All this for simply doing the vanish and not re-appearing? Fearson talks about this, everyone on the Café has talked about this, many blogs have talked about it, ect. They all have spoken about doing the vanish and just not re-appearing....

I'm not trying to downplay the idea, but rather that it was a pretty obvious ending to just about everyone and isn't revolutionary....
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Just bought it and I am totally satisfied with it I'll have to try out the self vanish on some family for now but I love the poltergeist, also I shall be making up a monkey vanish in the near future!
Great Stuff!

Tom
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi,

:hmmm: Is it this effect can be done 100% successfully??????

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2005-02-17 04:51, Daegs wrote:
"Good Idea"
"Thinking out of the box"
"Just Think' and improvise"

All this for simply doing the vanish and not re-appearing?

Yes.

For some people, Just Thinking comes naturally.

Quote:
Fearson talks about this, everyone on the Café has talked about this, many blogs have talked about it, ect. They all have spoken about doing the vanish and just not re-appearing....

It is called "Fearson's Goodbye Vanish", not "Fearson's Hello again re-appearance".

....Perhaps eventually someone will come up with a $6.95 method to reappear. (I wouldn't count on it though.) I'm sure David Copperfield spent more than $6.95 for his method of reappearing.

Quote:
I'm not trying to downplay the idea, but rather that it was a pretty obvious ending to just about everyone and isn't revolutionary....

Well, it obviously wasn't obvious to the club owner that hired James.....

Although James' idea isn't "revolutionary", it is effective. Some of the most basic and elementary ideas in magic are the most devastating.

I will occasionally come up with an idea to improve an effect and wonder why I didn't think of it before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fearson's Goodbye Vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL