The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Russian Roulette » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Hi Larry....I ADORE your work...

I just recently saw that Russian Roulette has been released for dvd and I was wondering if you ever got in trouble for using it on the streets?

Have you ever considered this?

I would love to perform it but I am not a huge stage effects guy. Finally, did you have to get a license to use your gun?

Larry, take care and have an awesome day.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I saw you do this effect in sweden 1994 at swedens biggest convention: Magic Weekend, Lund, its over 11 years ago and I can recall it as it was yesterday. Russian Roulette made a huge impact on my magic soul Smile
I must thank you for being a good source for mental magic.
I use several of your effects regurarly and they are wonderful.

Mats G. Kjellstrom
Sweden
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I would also like to add a quastion about this. I am soon to add RR to my show. However I am extremely nervous about shoving a gun to my temple for real and pulling the trig. Especially infront of a live audience, under the lights and other pressures.

What did you do to overcome your first performance(s) of the routine?

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
If you present the Russian roulette in a room like a room of conferences don't forget to ask to extinguish alarms and smoke detectors!
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Oh boy. The last comment is still fresh in my mind. As you will see if you obtain the DVD, the finale set off the smoke detector in Carl Jones' house in Dallas. He had to make a mad dash for the phone to circumvent the arrival of the fire department. In truth, we always advise the management that blanks will be discharged during the performance. We also notify security so they don't call out the swat team. As for having a pistol shoved into your ear...I must have a death wish. Seriously, my version of RR is extremely dangerous. I caution that it is only for serious, mature professionals. I built in as many safety devices as I could create, however, it is DANGEROUS. Frankly I revealed the method primarily to satisfy the curious and to arm those who would attempt it with all the experiences that befell me over the last 20 years. It works, but as you will learn in the DVD, it's not for everyone.
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
I am also really interested. I love it as a trick and the method I think it amazing, obviously it needs careful handling. Richard Pinner does a great version of it here in the UK.

I havent heard of a DVD production of it. Can you tell me a little more about it and who is producing it etc?

Thanks,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
The Russian Roulette DVD is distributed by Murphy's Magic Supplies and is most likely at your favorite magic dealer. Regards - Larry
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Is the DVD any different from what is in Stunners Plus? And wasn't this also described on video before? Smile
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Dpe,
I have the dvd and it is the same method as Stunners. However there are a few things included that are not in the book. They do not pertain to the method but rather the performance of the routine. And no, the routine was not explained on the Standing Ovations video.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Correct. It was performed on several DVD's produced by Joe Stevens and Mike Maxwell. The method on the DVD is the same as in Stunners. The only difference was seeing the pre-show live. This is exactly as it happened,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Russian Roulette » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL