We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Claiming Gov't land?? Hoax on ebay. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I was looking for a book and found another auction on ebay that said that anyone can claim government land up to 150 acres. Anyone hear about it?

Ellen
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Sure. Why, you can claim up to 320 acres here or 50 acres in Hawaii here. I just claimed Washington D.C. and sent off a letter to Congress and the White House warning them to "Get off my land or else!" Just a minute, a bunch of nutcases are banging on my door... I'll be right back...
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
According to the BLM a Federal law was passed that stopped all homesteading on public lands. I do think that there is a thing call "urban homesteading" that works a little differently but I am afraid that in the U.S. homesteading is a thing of the resent past (around 1989 I think).
I was going to homestead a nice piece of land in Independence, California back in 1969 but part of the homestead law was that I had to pay for the surveyor’s which at that time was going to cost me about $200.00 (about 3 weeks pay for me). Had I known that homesteader's were exempt from the draft (unless a declared emergency was called by the Fed's) I would of come up with the cash real fast and been homesteading before I got my draft notice.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Cute pun Irossal. If you don't know what I am refering to, re-read your last post, and look at the two words directly under your avitar.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-02-02 12:53, Cliffg37 wrote:
Cute pun Irossal. If you don't know what I am refering to, re-read your last post, and look at the two words directly under your avitar.

Gee Cliffg37, I wish I was that clever and observant, I missed that one Smile .
-Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Claiming Gov't land?? Hoax on ebay. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL