The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Help With a Color Changing Knife Routine. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2005-02-05 09:15, rhinomax wrote:
Whit I just bought IWOD what a great tape!!I have Mogars Stag Sensation but had a hard time following the routine, your tape will help greatly . Also recently I read Against Originality in the Magic Menu thank you for that it was an inspiring read

Topper

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I am going to add my recommendation for Whit's Intricate Web of Distraction. I do a variant of it. also have a set of the Bone Mogar Knives. The jigged handle makes gooing into and out of your pocket a no brainer. High marks for both!!

Michael
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
The Friedman Flip move from Whits routine is very nice.......
cigar808
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of cigar808
Can't wait to get the DVD of Whit's routine.
Never been to the Castle to see him live.
This may be as close as I get.
magicandrew
View Profile
New user
Australia
58 Posts

Profile of magicandrew
Ever heard of reflecto matic knife set.
""Magic is your art handle it well""
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Anyone ever use the Ronjo Color Changing Knives ??
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
rparmacek
View Profile
New user
Highland Park, IL. USA
18 Posts

Profile of rparmacek
I have performed color changing knives for over forty years. I use Joe Mogar's knives and really like them. The finest routine using the knives IMHO is the routine Juan Tamariz does in one of the three videos of his giving several lessons. I think it is the first of the three videos. Juan uses a move called the ultra fast turnover. It is not a paddle move and it is very tough to make it look right, but when it is right it is awesome.. I remember mentioning to one of my magician friends that the move that Tamariz uses is darn near impossible. His remark to me was "for you it might be impossible, but for Tamariz it is no problem." I have been working on the ultra fast turnover for months and little by little I think I am beginning to make the move work. Then again I wonder when I am working in front of a mirror if I don't just shut my eyes at the critical second. Someday I will try it with a real spectator and then of course I will know. But the best routine for color changing knives, my vote is for Juan Tamariz.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
456 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Quote:
On 2005-02-16 23:55, rparmacek wrote:
I have performed color changing knives for over forty years. I use Joe Mogar's knives and really like them. The finest routine using the knives IMHO is the routine Juan Tamariz does in one of the three videos of his giving several lessons. I think it is the first of the three videos.

Actually, the Tamariz color-changing knife routine is on his Stevens video -

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=91

and you're right - it's one of those "knack" things. It'd does look great when Juan does it, though!
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
337 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
I hope Howie Swatrzman does get his book put together. A few years ago I was privileged to spend the day with him up in the Baltimore area. He did a one-finger color change that was awesome and not that difficult.
David
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
One of the best versions I think is the Neo knives by Dr. Masashi Neo of Japan. it can be found on stevens video the magic of japan.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Another source that is worthy of mention is Daryl's on his "Fooler Droolers" series (#1 of 3). There is actually a lot of good stuff on those dvd's!
Daniel Faith
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Daniel hit on I think one of the most underrated DVD series and that is Dary's Fooler Dooler , Maybe its the name that throws people off thinking it only a pub/bar/party Stunt or a betcha type video. Daryl has a lot of great routines including his CC knife in there.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
JGDay_Entertainer
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of JGDay_Entertainer
I am from Memphis and I met Richard "Dick" Oakley in the early 80's. He was a great influence on my performance ability. His attitude towards "magic" and particularly "magicians" is rather harsh, to say the least. When asked, "why don't you perform anymore.. you should!!" He would growl back, "I hate magic!" .. or something to that flavor. Nevertheless, whenever I would drop in at The Fun Shop, or the other shop he sometimes positioned himself, he was never without something new to show me. We'd spend tons of "back n forth" time together. He was never without time to show how I could improve a handling of a trick.

I will never forget the first time I saw his version of the CC Knives routine. Took my breath away. I have a set of Sanders knives and use them in a very similar routine Richard used. The only two shops in Memphis that USED to sell magic, only have costumes for rent with mostly some gag gift items for sell. They've pretty much gone to online venues for selling magic items. So, finding Richard in a shop demonstrating some of the common tricks that he made an artform and pleasure to watch, (penny to dime, pyschic block, chinese sticks, etc) is probably gonna not happen.

Well, that's my Richard Oakley story. I still perform in the Nashville and MidSouth doing conventions and private corporate gigs. I owe 99% of my performance ability to Richard. Thanks!!
Corporate Entertainer in Nashville & MidSouth area. Home is Alaska, but am living in TN for now. Closeup & Standup is my specialty.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Welcome, JGDay, to the Café! I look forward to reading more posts in the future.

L&L Publishing just released another DVD in their Worlds Greatest Magic series on the Color Changing Knives. Among other routines included on this DVD is Daryl's routine. This looks like a nice addition to one's magic library if they do, or want to, perform the CC knife routine.

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2484

Mark.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1637 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
So what knives was the Bass Pro selling? Anybody know? Can the original poster put up a picture?
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
201 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
L&L Publishing just released another DVD in their Worlds Greatest Magic series on the Color Changing Knives. Among other routines included on this DVD is Daryl's routine. This looks like a nice addition to one's magic library if they do, or want to, perform the CC knife routine.

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2484

Skip this one. I bought it after reading this post - and this is a disappointing DVD. The DVD is short and the best routing on it is Daryl's - and it requires a subsequent outlay for custom knives.

Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Help With a Color Changing Knife Routine. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL