The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mercuring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
179 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
Hey everyone,

I bought this effect and I have to say it is great! The reactions I have got so far lets me know that I will be using it for a long time!

The rings you get are nice but fade in color pretty fast. So I went to the local mall and bought rings that fit better and look a lot nicer.

Good Luck!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I love it. I'm getting the "real ring" I have and getting it "adjusted" for this effect.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I with the rings were a little nicer quality and looked more like real wedding bands.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
If he made the rings much nicer we couldn't buy the effect for $15. This way if it's something you 'll REALLY use, you can make it for your wedding band or a nicer ring.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Let's just say maybe you're paying for the secret and the bands thrown in are an example. Kind of like a bill effect. Rarely are real bills given ( although Eugene's last dollar did this ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2005-02-17 02:22, ixnay66 wrote:
If he made the rings much nicer we couldn't buy the effect for $15. This way if it's something you 'll REALLY use, you can make it for your wedding band or a nicer ring.

You took the words out of my keyboard.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
I agree and thinking to make it looks as my original weddingt ring.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
mecky008
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mecky008
Hmmm. Does anybody have a video of them doing it? I'd like to see more magic less talk. I'd also like to see it done on a spectators finger.
The real art of magic distracting your audience with your eyes body and mouth while your hands do the real work....
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Mecky, you might read Stig’s post above, that is the first post that started this thread. He clearly states “Penguin just posted a demo video for Mercuring”. I think that qualifies as a video of the trick.

Plus a little later Danny Diamond actually gave a link to Penguin Magic site advertising the trick and including a demo video. It also qualifies as a video of the trick.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Mecky
If you buy it for $15 you will get an accesses to a half an hour of explanation and demonstration video on their web site.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
Well here is my 2 cents on this.
I bought it, I like it!

Is it for everyone? NO

Is it easy to do? Yes the basic moves are easy but it takes a lot of practice to make it look good and the actions smooth.

Is the ring and gimmick good quality? Yes I see this lasting for years and years!

Does the ring look ordinary? Well that depends on who you are. It does not look like something I would wear. Its real plain and kinda looks like a toe ring that I see some ladies wearing these days. But with all the strange kinds of jewlrey these days I doubt if anyone would notice.

Could you make this your self out of better rings? I think you could but It would be wise to see someone who sizes rings for a living to do it. I don't think you could make this in your garage.

Is the routine good? Yes Jay has come up with a good routine.

Should you buy it? Depends on your performance style and venues you work. I would say if you do walk around get it! For everyone else if you think you can work it in your act go for it! But this is a close up effect!

Hope this helps out some of you that couldn't decide.

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE,
Dan
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mercuring (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL