The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PMZZ - The Real Workshop!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21~22~23 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Where would we be without Wood and Horses.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2005-02-05 16:05, Xmosis wrote:
Where would we be without Wood and Horses.

I bet they were asking that in Troy.

Doug nailed question # 11. He's in.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
You guys have been busy since I left here last night. I had to actually do some work today but its been fun. Welcome Doug. I guess we are now the Mystic Nine!!!

Daniel... what do you need for tips for your new wand??? My first wand (I still have it but won't show it to anyone!!!) was a stick painted black with white painted tips and a bad job at that.

Michael, sorry, Mr. Baker, is the painting expert. Take a look at some of his props on his website to see good paint.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I respond best to Michael, otherwise I think you are addressing my dad. Ha! No expert here, still a student.

I still have my first wand too, and probably looks exactly the same as yours, Tabby.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I'll be sure to check his site! And yours is excellent as well!

My wand...the hole on the bottom piece isn't drilled in the center (couldn't get it there not matter how much I tried), have to get a nice, smooth, round thing going on, and that's about it! I also have to make sure I don't get a little piece of wood peeled off after I saw it, but on my wand only about a millimeter or two is showing at the bottom (I kind of explained that weird...). I would also appreciate tips on painting, what kinds of paint to use, etc. (or maybe I should stain it?). Thanks!

Daniel
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
For a HP wand, staining and oiling would look real good. Tabman is the expert there.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Awesome. I look forward to completeing my project!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah, I got some cardboard, (not big enough for most things...but I'll see what I can do with it) and styrofoam. I plan on using the styroafoam pieces to make a table. Maybe I should cover the legs and top with some kind of cloth. I'll tell you how everything comes out! I can't wait to get some stuff from that cardboard, though!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to try and get a pic of it up.

Daniel
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/D......0496.jpg

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! I've done it! Enjoy!

(Make sure to enlarge the screen, or it won't come out as clear.)
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Daniel, that is VERY good!! I think we have our first 'junior' member.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I guess Daniel is now our "junior" member. Amazing, we have moved from nowhere to being the Mystic Nine with a junior member in just a few months. I guess I better get the membership cert printer cranked back up.

Dang Daniel!!! That's great! Did you really make that this afternoon??? I'm impressed.

As far as oil goes, just get some furniture oil if theres some around the house and rub it with a few coats. Any kind of oil will do though even cooking oil.

Quote:

ricker wrote: Daniel, that is VERY good!! I think we have our first 'junior' member.

Well, I guess the days of calling Rick "the kid" are over!!!

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
LoL Thanks everyone, for the humane words! Yes, I did make that this afternoon! I'll check to see if we have some furniture oil, and if not, cooking oil will have to do! Thanks again!

With stain:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/D......0499.jpg

TADA!

In about 15 minutes I'm going to polyurethane it.

Shoot, can't find a brush....I'll grab one tomorrow and poly it then.

Daniel
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I've been downstairs building, so everyone else has sung the praises, but Gadzooks Daniel... That's some slick design. First timer?!? I'm really impressed!!! Welcome to the PMZZ!

More! More!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
That looks good with the stain on it Daniel. Keep up the good work.

-=tabman

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2005-02-05 22:04, Michael Baker wrote:

More! More!

~michael

Well, I had some styrofoam, so I decided to see if I could use it for anything. I tried making a small table to perform smaller, close-up tricks at home. Not perfectly stable, but will hold a decent amount, as you will see in one of the pictures:

Front

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/D......0502.jpg

Folding Pad (for top of table)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/D......0501.jpg

Misc. Items on Table

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/D......0500.jpg

It doesn't stand high either, maybe about a foot and a half (which actually is perfect).

Daniel
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Egads!!! We've created a monster!!! This guy Daniel creates and builds stuff faster than all of us together!

Hey Tabby... did you notice the violin in the photo? Another magician/musician.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I've got some more cardboard here in my room. Smile I'm going to try to work with anything I can get my hands on! Now's not a bad time to whip out Bill Severn's Magic Workshop. Smile

lol

As far as the violin, I'm learning this year for the school band. I love classical instruments. I took piano lessons for only 1 1/2 years, Smile but hey, I'm getting pretty good. Smile Now I have the violin to learn.

Oh yeah, when we moved into the house, the previous owners left two large mirrors here. I'm still trying to think of what I can do with those. (there's a ton of things) I'm just going to claim them as mine since they're in my 'magic room'. Smile.

I'll keep thinking of more things to make!

Daniel
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Gentlemen,

Missed you all. It's been a hard day's night. With an 11 AM, 3PM and a 7PM, I'm still back before midnight. Most of the props are even returned to storage. Lucy is sacked out! I have about an inch of Canadian Club left and I will do the same.

Doug is not friendless. He can count me. (I know, we have already established that I'm a No Count Bob. Doug missed that.)

Rick, before I try to persuade Syd how important a large inventory of magic props has to be, aren't Ph.D.s smart? I would go with Michael's idea and put stuff in the living room. I have a Chalet subtrunk in there now and some big boxes of music.

I think you fellows knew that we have two wooden horses in this house. Lucy carved both and you can sit on both. One is to life-scale and weighs 650 lbs. It is outfitted with real tack. Troy?

Well the CC is gone. Good night! (Yes, Tabman. It's store-bought.)

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Daniel,

Lots of things you can do with two mirrors. Lots of books on it too, including The GREAT Jim Steinmeyer's 'Hiding the Elephant'. He just released it in paperback and is GREAT reading.

Bob, Syd reminded me at one time or another, we had the levitation, zig-zag and specter cabinet in the living room and/or dining room. All I have in there now is the head dagger chest I built. And it doesn't take up but a head's space of room.

Micheal, I agree, this young man is a rare find. And he's still trainable to not make the same mistakes we make. All I can say is , wow, I wish I was that good at 14. At 14, I was chasing women and.... nevermind, don't want him to get any NEW ideas. LOL

Rick
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
LOL! Thanks Ricker Smile We'll see what happens when I'm 14 Smile. I'll search Steinmeyer's book.

Daniel
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Michael, I missed the violin in the pic. I was looking at the magicians wand. My experience with music people vs. magic people well.... that's another story. The main thing about magic and music, even when its a job, is that the potential for fun is always there. Daniel is having fun with it. Here with the magic shop nuts at PMZZ he's found someone to talk to who understand. That's a great thing I'm sure we'd all agree.

Now as far as storbought CC is concerned, No Sir Ree Bob, I approve of that one and CR. The rest of that flavored up stuff, no thanks. There was a gent in here from East TN day before yesterday that brought some homemade rye. It was pretty good but I don't like the rye taste and he had colored it up by putting chunks of charcoal in the barrell with it. Made it look like iced tea. I've been on the other side of the fence basically my whole life and don't really like the taste of charred oak in my sauce as a rule. The Canadians have perfected it some though.

Now Rick, I'm pretty sure that Syd would let you do about anything you wanted to do!!! Here at Moonshine Hollow, I've got road cases in my yard as lawn art, magic stuff in every room of the house and a guillotine in my office (if you can call it that). Of course, since I'm more of a close-up guy my stuff isn't as big as those zig-zags yall have all over the yard not to mention No Sir Ree's 650 lb horse that his chainsaw slinging doctor wife whipped up!!!

Well, I gotta make a magic table before 2pm today. Trying to set a new shop record!!

-=tabman

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PMZZ - The Real Workshop!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL