The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PMZZ - The Real Workshop!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..21~22~23 [Next]
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Good morning, guys! I'll be in the shop much of the day myself.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Daniel,

Sorry I have not been "on the air" here, but Fridays and Saturdays are tough on stage magicians. (Life is tough on old stage magicians!)

I looked at your photos of your work this morning. We are going to have to find a way to mistrain you right away. You're off to too good a start! LOL!

Pretty stuff! What could you do with free access to Lowe's? WOW!

I see that we put one obstacle in your way. Instructions are always written for the right handed and you're a lefty. (And they wonder why lefties are more creative, they have no choice!)

Michael, think Acrobatic Silks! I have a new twist I want to build with half-dyed silks. I would also like to offer options for card silk, animal silks etc. Think outside the jar. (I mean outside that other thing.)

It would take me about six weeks to get the silks made in China. Or, if Lucy will do the artwork, I can screen print them here but they will be a little stiffer than those from China. It may not matter. We'll talk Thursday on the road. I'll drive close to the speed limit so we will have some time. I hope you know where we are going. You have to pretty close to German cooking to smell it. (Lucy Schultz will hate us. Maybe I can get her a "to go" box.)

Scheme!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Sir Yes Sir Ree, you screen your own silks???!!! Now you can't fool me any more. You are a true renaissance man.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
My goodness, the talents that are in the PMZZ.

I told Syd she needed to knit something for the groups. Do we want socks, tobbogons or sweaters? LOL
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Tabman,

I went to college at a place called the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. There was a man there in the Art Department named Harold Rice. Elvis may be dead. (Gossip is flying.) HR is alive and well.

Has a magician ever needed something screen-printed? (I'm also an importer since 1969. I started in Tuscaloosa and I import silk. Talk to the guy in my carpool, Michael.)

Rick,

Wand covers! TT snuggies! Topits! Dove harnesses! Spring flower holders! Top hat toboggans! Nail aprons! Measuring tape holders! (Band-aid holders!)

Need any ideas?

Bob
Silk wormologist
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
WAHOO! I wasn't here long enough to post the pics., but I made a sort of fountain pen out of more dowels! LOL How exciting...Smile made the tip removable so that it can be switched for other kinds (if I make them):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/D......0507.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/D......0506.jpg

Made it in about an hour this morning. Can use a bit more sanding and stuff, but I'm likin' it Smile
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I put together a webpage that will document the construction process for the Minature Haunted House.

http://www.themagiccompany.com/haunted_house.html

Consider it (the page) a work in progress. Further developments will be added, as they become available.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
WOW Mr. Baker! It's coming along GREAT!

By the way...I found a ton of scrap wood in the garage! I'm gonna try and plan things out...

Daniel
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Daniel,

Best thing to sand openings that small with is a driemel tool. Fast too.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Thanks for the advice! I got frustrated trying to take the corner of some sand paper Smile.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Interesting stuff in the PMZZ workshop this afternoon. SNSR (Sir No Sir Ree) if we have time I'd like to hear more about HR on Thursday evening.

Everything looks great fellows. Sorry I don't have much time this evening to spend but I'll be back tomorrow night.

Best to everyone!!!

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Well, My next project is a set of wooden thumb stocks. They won't be gimmicked. I want them to look similar to this:

http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/Shopp......ase.html

I have my piece of wood cut, I need to sand, make the holes, and get a screw with a wing nut to tighten them. Any suggestions?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Daniel,

Look very carefully at that photo. Really bevel into the thumb holes. The real essence of a thumbcuff escape is based upon the fact that there is very little contact anyway. Make sure that crossing the thumbs is comfortable and does not cut or bruise. For appearance sake the wooden ones are thicker than the metal ones. At the points of contact they need to be the same.

PM me if that doen't make sense to you.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Dang Daniel. If you lived close by I'd want to give you a part-time job in my magic workshop!!

-=tabman

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Smile Thanks 'Sir Tabman' Smile I'm really looking forward to the completion of the project, and an awesome outcome!

Daniel
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
48 hours until PMZZ meets. I can't wait!!!!!

Gosh, and this has been a HARD week too.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Howdy, Danincuffs! Got your avatar up. Nice to meet people that aren't black rabbits in hats.

Hello PMZZ!!!

Wow!!! Has this been one long day... and it's not even close to being over. Just taking a break long enough to get my boy squared into his homework and then I'll be back at it.

Man, I had enough of the mundane math when I was a kid to want to do it twice... If he doesn't get it, I have to re-learn it in order to teach it. I use a lot of math in my life and I was pretty good at it in school, but this sure lets me know how much boring useless crap they want us to know.

Man, I need Thursday to be here..........
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I would like to acknowledge Mr. Silmser for editing my photo Smile Thanks!

ricker: I bought a MINIMITE Dremel tool...the thing is so cool Smile!

Mr. Baker: I know how you feel LoL

Have fun at the meeting everyone!

Daniel
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Sounds like Daniel is rocking along. Getting a new tool for the shop is always fun. What's a "minimite"??? Did you get those thumbcuffs done???

I hope I have time to get ready for the PMZZ meeting on Thursday. I can't remember how long it took me to drive last time. It's about a half hour from the Istate to the Ole Heidelberg I think. The shop is really busy right now thankfully!

-=tabman

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Sir Tabman, not done yet. The stocks are going to take me a little while, as I have to keep planning and making sure I'm getting everything done right. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but nothing too much. Once I get used to it, I'll be spitting them out in no time Smile Oh yeah, Minimite is just the type of Dremel I have.

Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PMZZ - The Real Workshop!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL