The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PMZZ - The Real Workshop!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..21~22~23 [Next]
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
Daniel Santos wrote: Sir Tabman, not done yet. The stocks are going to take me a little while, as I have to keep planning and making sure I'm getting everything done right.

That's the ticket. Plan thrice, measure twice and cut once!!!

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Tabby,

It's about 20 minutes from I-65 to the place. Depending on traffic.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Ok, I will try to find it. I know its on the south side of the road. PM your cell ## again just in case.

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Have the officials in Huntsville been warned about what's coming to town? An ambush and a surprise aren't exactly the same thing. I understand it is going to really be cold. I plan to wear shoes. This place sounds fancy. Is Pete going to make it?

Michael, we need to talk Wednesday. Navigators are real important.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
It's not fancy fancy, but it's nice, they let me in in shorts once, of course, I have a German last name, so all is forgiven.

I'll be jeans, that's what I wear to work anyway. I do have a clothing optional rule at the office, in case anyone doesn't feel like dressing.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I've been wondering that since someone (who was it anyway??) locked the original thread about painting my zig zag if we couldn't come up with some new phrase to match our initials. I know the two Zees pretty much limit us to zig zag. I cant think of anything else. Oh well, it was just a thought anyway.

Pretty Much Zig Zagging??? in that direction. I just don't like this topic header about not being magical. This is all about magic as far as I'm concerned and not much else.

Pete will be there in spirit as well as something he sent everyone c/o the tabman workshop. It is of historic nature and only six are available. I will be bringing it down if I don't forget.

-=tabman

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
P - Partatshnek (Inferior merchandise or work)

M Z - Mutshen Zich (To sweat out a job)

Z - Zitsflaish (Patience)

Thanks to a nice little Google search... Smile (Yiddish).

Would make a nice motto too .

Daniel
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I don't understand that inferior work part??? I wouldnt feel comfortable with that one as I always try for the opposite!!! Smile

-=tabman

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Paskidnye - Rotten, terrible

Paskudnik, paskudnyak - Ugly, revolting, evil person; nasty fellow

Parshiveh - Mean, cheap

Any of those work? LOL I'm only kidding. I just used Control and F to find words that had to do with work and patience (as you can see). I'll actually read them carefully this time Smile.

Daniel
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Plagen - Work hard, sweat out a job, suffer. (I would assume this is similar to Mutshen Zich?)

Potchki: (potch-key) experiment, dabble, mess around, play around with. "I don't really paint. I just potchki." "I was just potchki-ing around in the kitchen but it turned out pretty good."

Not sure if those spellings are correct...can't really trust some sites with that type of thing Smile.

Well, enjoy your meeting tomorrow everyone! I'm going to try to get some more stuff done on my thumbstocks...not lookin' pretty! But, hey...

Daniel
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Less than 24 hours until PMZZ, and I had a great day today.

Life is getting good again.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Daniel, PM me a mailing address and I will send you a PMZZ certificate if you want one. Everyone (all five or six of us Smile) have one and you should too. Suitable for framing and all in fun.

Find something in Latin that sounds grand but means something silly like We All Have Chichen Feet Smile

It's snowing and cold up here at Moonshine Hollow!! What's the weather like down south toward the Ole Heidelberg???

-=tabman

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
B'ham is 35-40 and kinda windy, but real sunny. TV said Huntsville was a couple degrees cooler, so I'd guess they are similar to what I have. I'd guess your weather should improve considerably as you head south.

Rick, how's Florence?

If you can see this current weather map (it's kinda dark), you'll see that this is just in your area and about to blow past. Should be clear sailing, but probably colder.

http://radar.accuweather.com/adcbin/publ......et=btnst
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Ole man winter returns to the southland with a vengance.

I am leaving Moonshine Hollow at 3:30. I have two nice big chunks of homegrown walnut for you to play with. I should be there by 6 to 6:30 but hopefu77y closer to 6. I just don't remember how long it took me last time. I guess its age creeping up on me but I don't remember.

chow!!!

-=tabman

ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
It's cold and sunny here, no snow. Will be a chilly night.

Tabby, don't forget the book and video
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I'm emailing from my SUV trying to keep one eye on the road. What book and video are you talking about???

-=tabman

ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
LOL Tabby

Rick and Syd are home safe.

Wonderful seeing all of you again, Tabby, Michael and nice to finally meet and talk to you Bob.

For our 'remote' members, we were able to perform some magic tonight for a 5 year old that has cancer. Seeing her smile at the tricks we did was an image I'll never forget.

We'll have pics of tonight on the pmzz.org web page in a day or so.

Yet another magicial night, and thanks to Pete B, who joined us in his own special way.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Yeah, I'm just back at Moonshine Hollow in the nick of time myself. It was a fun evening. We have a nice bunch of members. It was nice of the restaurant to pick up the tab tonight and for the performers in the club to give some special cheer. Always glad to be part of something bigger and better than just me.

Thanks to Sir No Sir Ree Bob for all the tools he brought and shared with us and for the stories and laughs he always provides cuz laughter truly is the best medicine and to Michael for the gift of the Zebra Wood money paddle. Michael does beautiful work and I can recommend him highly for any special illusions anyone might want to have custom built. Long distance lecturer Pete Biro sent copies of his collectors edition Music City Conclave lecture notes for everyone in attendance (Daniel I've got one for you and will send it with your certificate soon).

-=tabman

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Birmingham checking in, safe and sound.

Great to see everyone again.

Sir Rick and Lady Syd, I enjoyed your die box presentation. Very strong having it reappear in the little girl's possession. Great dancing cane, too. That'll make for a really nice routine.

Sir No Sir Ree Bob, Thank you much for the tools and for the transportation. It seems like a good plan sharing a ride, if you want to do it again. I can drive next time. Let's talk more on the silk ideas.

Sir Pete, Thank you very much for the lecture notes. That was a very nice gesture from our man in the field. I hope one day, I'll have the pleasure of meeting you in person.

Sir Tabman, Thanks to you for the chunks of Tabman's Private Stock 40 Year Old Perfectly Aged Walnut (The rest of you woodworkers, eat your hearts out!). I'll muster up my X-ray vision and try to see what wonderful things are inside waiting to be uncovered. Thanks also for the VCD and the kind words here.

Somebody name the Mystic Nine. I am missing one in my count. Can't figure it out. I even tried to count Bob twice, but he's a No Count by his own admission, so I'm just lucky to get him in once. Fuzzy math...

I'll call the restaurant and get an email address to send them the photo of Wonder Woman and Mamie.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Don't forget to send them to me too Michael and I'll put em on the PMZZ website.

Formula for the Mystic Nine

X + Y = (N + 1)

X = Old Members
Tabby
Michael
Bob
Pete
Syd
Rick

Y= New Members
Doug
Daniel

N = 8

6 + 2 = ( 8 + 1)

8 = 9

See
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PMZZ - The Real Workshop!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL