The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Duck Info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TommyTheTremendous
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of TommyTheTremendous
I saw Lance Burton's show last weekend and it was AMAZING! One thing that caught my eye before was the different kinds of birds he used besides the doves: a parakeet, some ducks, a chicken, and a rooster.

I really liked how he produced 2 ducks and had them walk to one part of the stage and just stay there until he needed them again. He made more ducks appear and then made them march in a circle and reversed the circle.

I am curious, is it hard to train ducks? What age should you start at? Also, is it easy to find albino ducks or do you have to dye your ducks white?
- Tommy Magic
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Lance talked about his "duck training" in one of his TV show. It's a nature of the duck to walk in one line, you just need to know when to apply it to your act. Yo my knowledge, most ducks are white, you don't have to dye them,. Smile
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
A friend of mine always fed his duck in a large kennel and this was the basis for how he got his duck to walk across stage and out the wing after he produced him. He'd have the kennel open in the wing with food in it and the duck would walk into it (probably conditioning -- he did not starve the duck).
Magic Blinds
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Magic Blinds
The store IQ Zoo sells training tapes and books. Ducks are intelligent animals and the reward system works.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I am a big believer in the Zoo with IQ trained animals. It is located in Hot Springs, AR. Many of their animals appear on TV.

We use trained geese in Lucy's show.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Duck Info (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL