We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » How to make a "Pulp Fiction brief case"??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
I'm gonna post this a couple different places on here as I WANT to add this to my show...

I want to make a "Pulp Fiction" briefcase (out of one I have)...if you've seen the movie you know what I mean, when you open it there's that "golden glow" coming from it!!!

Well...I HAVE the case and even the GOLD reflective material in it, I just need to find some type of battery powered lights to mount in there so when I open it on stage, it'll have the effect like in the movie!!!

Anybody got any ideas as far as what type of lights would work for this???

THANKS!!!
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Try those ultra-bright LEDs. They don't need much power, so you can add more if you need a brighter light source. You can start with those flashlights that use about five of them instead of a normal bulb. I'd guess you'd have the flashlight pointing into the foil, so the light would bounce off it and onto you. Then you'd need to wire up a switch so you could turn on the flashlight before opening up the case.

You might need to get two or three of the flashlights to make it work, but seems to me it would be the easiest way to do it.

Jeff
Majiloon
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Majiloon
12 volt 5-7 amp hour SLA battery, 300 watt DC/AC converter 2- 150 watt yellow bug light bulbs- and lne with aluminum foil. Wire lever switch in the normaly open position when case is closed- done. cost- $30 without the case.
No longer taking Private messages , thank you.
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Or you can use gold glowsticks (cyalume lightsticks.) They shine for 12 hours, no batteries needed, and they're cheap!
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
Thanks for the info!!!! Got some GOOD ideas now and a couple weeks before the next show (I'm in a small market and do this just for fun anyway!!)
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Just wire it up with the new LEDs they come in every color imaginable. The best part is that they don't get hot and run on as little as three volts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » How to make a "Pulp Fiction brief case"??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL