The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Any opinions on "Dice through Mirror"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
I've had this for about a year now and was wondering the general opinion on it. It looks great, but I'm worried about the angles...and that has kept me from performing it in bars/restaurants. Thanks.
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
I dont think this has many possiblilites.. I cant think of a thing to say with patter.. the props are wierd... I got mine free from a ibm meeting
I like cards.
sebbyg
View Profile
Regular user
Cherry Hill, NJ
116 Posts

Profile of sebbyg
If the trick you are talking about is the one with a wallet and a mirror with a ribbon inside it – usually called “through the looking glass” this is a wonderful walk around trick.
You should not worry about angles for two reasons 1) your hands block the ‘tilting’ on the left and right and 2) having the spectator hold the ribbon during the effect keeps them directly in front on the effect.
Browndini
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Browndini
Dude please help me with this trick. I have the mirror and the case but I dont know how to use it! I have a picture for you all that dont beleive me.....thanks.....
***DAVID BLAINE RULZ***
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
like the props, and ease of handling, but I havent really figured out a story line to make the thing logical, still looking for that
BlakeBlair
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny So. California
111 Posts

Profile of BlakeBlair
I have this as a walkaround item. Angles arn't hard at all, your spec, is always infront of you,
The only problem I have had is on Mulitple spect's, or when I first started to learn I had to be aware of the rate your hands move, so the dice looks smooth in its morph...

Practice in front of a mirror or video your self... good luck

BB

Let me offer to anyone...

If you need help with this Illusion, please PM me.. I will give you a lil more info and Help off the general Forums...

BlakeBlair
FuFanu.. Two Cards Torn & Restored...

Are You Ready ?! Its here !!
ferretface
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of ferretface
This is a great illusion. I was also worried about angles. It wasn't until I practiced it in front of the mirror that I realized angles were not a problem. Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The trick is pretty cool. It is also a knockoff item that was invented by Ali bongo and manufactured without his permission. I know this because I was at a convention with Ali when he saw the item in a dealer's booth. He went nuts! He had created the trick many years previous and has proof, both in written form as well as having the actual apparatus.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy this, I just think it is sad that the manufacturer would not even credit Ali, let alone put the prop out without his permission or any compensation.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Any opinions on "Dice through Mirror"? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL