We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Hardwood Thumb Stock Escape for an Out Again/In Again routine. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5345 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Chance gives a nice solution to the stock. Making them fit exactly and then select a bigger person to put them on. They don’t have to be taken apart. Just don’t gain or lose any weight!

Popular Mechanics magazine put out a DYI magic book in the early 1960’s. It exposed many of the popular tricks of the day with complete building plans (including the dye box, the head chest, etc.). The thumb stocks that are being discussed here were also shown (exposed). I made my first set (and since have made dozens of sets) as a teenager and actually carried them around with me. The thumb stocks and a homemade Siberian chain were two of my earliest escapes (age 14).

Taking the stocks apart takes but a second. Giving all the component parts to various audience members serves to involve more of the audience “proving” the stocks ordinary, plus setting you up to do the dirty deed. I have performed the thumb stocks literally hundreds of times (over a period of 40 years) and no one complained or took notice of the stocks being unassembled at the start! Plus, mine are made to be tight and I can put fairly small size people (petite young ladies) in them and hold them.

So bottom line is that you have two good methods to use in building and performing this little item. I plan to build Chance’s idea and swap them in and out just to mix things up. Either way or both ways these are just too simple to build to not have in your collection. Keep them just laying around the house for that visitor that wants to see you do something.

By the way, wrist stocks can be made the same way. My wrist stocks are now over 30 years old and still a fooler.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Daniel any word yet. on how your coming along ?
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Well, I have the chunk of wood cut out, sanded alright, and a couple of small holes to get a rough idea as to where I will make them larger. That's it so far.

Daniel
If it is to be, it is up to me.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Measure your thumbs and see what size you will need. you can make a small hole bigger but not a big hole smaller.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Hardwood Thumb Stock Escape for an Out Again/In Again routine. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL