We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Small PA system (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
Just wanted to pass on a tip about the Yamaha MSR100. This a very small light weight powered speaker that sounds great. It comes with a built in 3 channel mixer -one XLR mic input and two quarter inch line inputs for CD players etc (you just need an adapter from rca to quarter inch from Radio Shack), . This speaker has an amazing amount of low end for such a tiny enclosure. its like a foot tall, about 8 inches wide and 8 inches deep, and weighs maybe 20 pounds. My cord bag is heavier than this speaker!

The down side is its only 100 watts so it cant cover an outdoor event for 100s of people, but its great for small gatherings of 50 or so. I use as my only system when I do really small events or coffee houses, private parties at someone's home etc. When we play larger events with the whole band this becomes a powered monitor.

I don't sell these or work for Yamaha or anything like that... just thought it might be useful to someone.

Heres where you can get one
Yamaha MSR100 8" Powered Speaker - $366.00 - Musician's Friend
Yamaha MSR100 Powered Speaker - $369.00 - Music123
Yamaha MSR100 - $369.97 - Sweetwater
World music and magic
ThePartyMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
216 Posts

Profile of ThePartyMagician
Thanks for the info Steve - I appreciate you posting it for all of us. It's always nice to hear someone else's review of something...so THANKS!

Kind regards
Mike
SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
Just trying to pass on something that works for me and is high quality. This is what is so cool about the magic Café. I'm just glad I found this place.
World music and magic
Pizzazz
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
108 Posts

Profile of Pizzazz
That sounds like something I need. I have been looking for a small system at a good price so I don't have to take or get a big one for small shows.
May all your days be "magic" days
SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
Hope that works for you.
World music and magic
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
I purchased the Yamaha MSR 100 about 9 months ago and love it. I have used it at tons of shows and it sounds great. Steve, I too was impressed with the amount of low end sound that comes out of such a small speaker. Great advive and I am behind this product 100%.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I just got a Sony Shelf system for the same price and it cranks out 500 watts. It also has a "Mixer" so I can play CD's and add in my wireless mic. It also has built in effects so I'm not stuck with a "DRY" sound. It has a subwoofer for those LOWS.....

The model is Sony GX-9000. It's a 5 piece system (Head unit + 4 speakers) which may turn some people off, but I found the sound quality incredible for my smaller venues where my full PA system was just too much. I researched ALOT before deciding on this system, and I am very happy with the POWER and quality of this setup.
SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
Great idea. How do you mount the 4 speakers?
While it is a little more complicated to set up than the yamaha, you could set up the 4 Sony speakers to cover L-shaped rooms, or just being halfway down the long wall of a long rectangular room.
World music and magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Small PA system (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL