The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Does anyone still use the muscle pass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
221 Posts

Profile of bropaul
It is truly a magical move. Watching a coin floating up from one hand to another is impossible. Especially if you catch it at the point it is just hitting the top of the arc. It slows down and just stops at your other hand. No matter what other people are doing, show your magic. We are magicians and we perform magic. It's just that simple.

I'm sure all us magicians have a reason to do the style and type of magic that we do. It is up to all of us to be responsible for what type of magic we perform.

I can see where the Mighty Fool is coming from and I would like to see his routine. Although I'm not a fan of challenging my audience, in the right hands it can be powerful magic.

Practice this move a lot and remember in the eyes of the spectator, it's magic.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
The Muscle Pass ROCKS!!!

Excellent replies!
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
I never use it, that is of course because I can't do it.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
fizbin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of fizbin
I use the muscle pass in my ring and ribbon routine... I make the ring fall up. And I agree with everyone who said that exposing this move (or any other move for that matter) is just plain wrong!
"All For Wonder..."
Earle M. Kelley
http://www.fizbinentertainment.com
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Last week I was at a huge convention (23,000 attendees) in Dallas. I had the pleasure of catching 7 different magicians performing on the trade show floor. One of the best - and most gracious - was Chad Long. Let me tell you, he did one mean muscle pass as part of a longer coin routine. The MP looked like gravity had been turned off, and Chad worked a comment about gravity into his patter. It floored all the specs, as did the entire routine. I chatted with Chad between performances. He is a fine, fine gentleman.
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I would just like to ask where you can learn the muscle pass?
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
fizbin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of fizbin
Ammar Classic Renditions Volume one or two... I cannot remember which. John Cornelieus teaches it.
"All For Wonder..."
Earle M. Kelley
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Dan Watkins has a video of the muscle pass on his website I believe.

http://www.coinvanish.com

Look in the video section under Misc

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Thanks fizbin for the information. Now I remember, I think it's what he calls "the coin that falls up".
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
fizbin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of fizbin
Absolutely, Brian.

He also shows how to use the muscle pass to make a coin go throgh glass. Quite interesting.
"All For Wonder..."
Earle M. Kelley
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
What's easier to do an MP on, a coin or a poker chip? Or does it depend on whichever you're comfortable with?
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Quote:
On 2005-02-25 22:16, kerpa wrote:
Last week I was at a huge convention (23,000 attendees) in Dallas. I had the pleasure of catching 7 different magicians performing on the trade show floor. One of the best - and most gracious - was Chad Long. Let me tell you, he did one mean muscle pass as part of a longer coin routine. The MP looked like gravity had been turned off, and Chad worked a comment about gravity into his patter. It floored all the specs, as did the entire routine. ...
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller

I saw Chad doing this a while back with a very lightweight thin coin that will go much higher than a regular half-dollar. I got a couple of lighter coins and they go to impressive heights, but I find them hard to fit into my regular coin routines.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
Cameron
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
32 Posts

Profile of Cameron
Whats the most distance any of you can get with this move on a normal half? I love the move not verry good at it but Ill get it sooner or later it will click I hope.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
For a half dollar I can getv two feet. And with a dollar, I can get about a foot and a half.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
Seems to me sometimes that a heavy coin looks better b/c it shoots slower and doesn't spin as much. Anyone else?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I love passing dollar size coins just for that slow motion effect. It sells the illusion so much more.
Jared Lemons
View Profile
New user
Dandridge Tn
53 Posts

Profile of Jared Lemons
I love the muscle pass I use it allof the time.
Magic is a vanishing art and it is our job as magicians to make it reapear.
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
I like to start all my "coins across" routines with the muscle pass.
smartie_28
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of smartie_28
I love doing the muscle pass as well. I lived in the Dominican Republic for a while and used a half peso, same size as a half dollar, for it, and all the people thought that the coin was bewitched from the routine I used.
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
I tend to use it as a utility rather than the coin falls up. So I use a couple of Shoots productions and also muscle pass to topit and top pocket. It's a great secret move because it looks as though nothing happened, the coin travels fast with no movement. Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Does anyone still use the muscle pass? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL