The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Torn and Restored (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtcooks
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of rtcooks
Do any of you perform the Torn and Restored Newspaper. Is this a good illusion to perform, and do you recommend it for a beginner. If this is a good trick, which video or method do you recommend.

Thanks....
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My personal opinion is Eugene Anderson's Newspaper Tear. And yes - it is fairly simple in theory - but not "self-working" you will need to practice it like you would any magic effect.

Hope that helps,
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
Joel Bauer also has a great method that is fairly easy to prepare and perform. He has it available on video, but be warned, watching it is like spending an hour with a salesman on a used car lot.

Thanks,
Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
Martin Carli
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
108 Posts

Profile of Martin Carli
I have used Slydini's method for years now. It is very well built, hey it's Slydini! You will find it in the second set of books written by Karl Fulves: The magical world of Slydini (I think). While you are there, check out the Slydini silks, another masterpiece.

Martin
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
I usually use the most classical version. For me it is the most experienced one so it must be the cleanest of all. The only restriction is that you have to get rid of the paper after the trick. If you pass to a trick concerning the "real" tearing of the paper so no problem. It is easy and sensational plus virtually free. I recommend you to use it.

Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I always wanted to perform a version that I came up with, but never actually showed audiences. You come out with the paper and start talking about the new advertising technology. Then you pull the advertised objects from the paper. Toothpaste, pantyhose, dental floss, toilet paper, etc. Then tear up the paper and restore it. It is a combo of two effects I read in an old magic book. Not a bad idea.

Corey B.
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
Hey Corey,

That sounds like the Portfolio trick Robert-Houdin used to do. He would bring a large, flat book out on stage, open in up and start producing everything from pots and pans to chandeliers. As a finale, he would produce his son. He has a whole chapter explaining it in the Secrets of Stage Conjuring book if you want to see it.

Thanks,
Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
erniep33
View Profile
New user
Marysville, WA
72 Posts

Profile of erniep33
Gene Anderson is a great one as well as the Osterlind tear. I'm pretty sure the Gene Anderson version can be found in the book newspaper magic (fairly cheap $10) and the Osterlind version in in his 4th dvd in the Osterlind Mind Mystery Series.
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
One of my favorite routines is the "Torn and Restored Dollar Bill". I have performed it in different places and got a good reaction from the audience everytime. But the trick I know is not impromptu. It requires some preparation.Is there any impromptu version of this trick in market?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Torn and Restored (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL